MORryde Hitch Height Dimensions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr. Mohon

The Question:
Is anyone able to give me a height dimension of the MORryde RPB72-1621HD-05 Pin Box System, 14-18K GVWR - Lippert 1621. Specifically the height difference for the center of the top mounting holes to the mounting plate that make contact with the hitch?

The Reason:
Ever since I bought my 5er I have been having trouble with the trailer not sitting level when hooked up to the tow vehicle. I know that part of this problem is the gap between the bed rails and the fifth wheel. I currently have the Tri-Glide air ride pin box by lippert components and the issue that I am having is that the pin box does not go up any higher. The pin box its self is really tall (from the top mounting holes to the contact plate that connects to the hitch). I am hoping that the MORryde Pin box height will be a lot less than my Tri-Glide. I am concerned that if I buy this Kingpin (MORryde RPB72-1621HD-05 Pin Box System, 14-18K GVWR - Lippert 1621) that it might not fit the way I am hoping to.

The Upcoming Problem:
I am buying a new 2017 F-350 crew cab long bed to replace my 2013 F-250 Crew cab short bed and the new truck bed sits about 4-5 inches taller than the old one. Plus the new trucks bed rails are about 1.5" taller than the old truck's bed rails (Bed rails to bed height). This is just going to make the problem of the trailer not riding level even worse. I want to try to get the gap between the bed rail and the fifth wheel to be about 5.5-6" before I try to raise the trailer itself. I have talked to multiple different people and I think I am going to take the trailer to a suspension shop and have them install some taller springs to help level it out. That is the best fix I have come up with.

Thanks,
Todd

I contacted MORryde and they gave me this drawing. I hope it helps anyone else with my question. I will also post again later with updates on what I did to solve the trailer riding level.

Attachments

• MORryde King Pin Dimentions.pdf
    104.9 KB · Views: 17
Back
Top Bottom