1994 Chevy G20 Van - Battery dying

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kspr030

It got a new battery installed in my 1994 Chevy G20 Van just a few months back.
During the winter I only drive it like once a month and recently have not driven it for longer than an hour every 2-3 weeks really.
I do switch off all electronics, lights and unplug any chargers etc

However, the battery keeps dying.

I was thinking maybe the after market installed key less entry may drain battery perhaps?
Anything else I should be aware off?

While at it, I do have this Solar Battery Charger: http://www.batterychargers.com/solar/
Should I plug that in and have it sit there (for few weeks potentially)?
I don't want it to over charge either. Not sure how to manage that

thanks for all the help

The small solar chargers are usually in the 10-15 watt range and will not over charge a battery.  It also might not keep up with what ever is draining your starting battery. 

i hooked up a 70watt foldable solar panel i found on ebay to a battery tender made for solar and it works great for keeping my battery charged. I place the solar panel in the windshield kind of like a sunshade.

ManWonder said:
i hooked up a 70watt foldable solar panel i found on ebay to a battery tender made for solar and it works great for keeping my battery charged. I place the solar panel in the windshield kind of like a sunshade.

I got one too and I figured it does work to keep it charged. But if your battery is dead, it wont work. It apparently needs some bit of battery to have the cig port to work and so be able to charge it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skibumbob
Back
Top Bottom