RV Home Community

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cass Sumrall

I expect this topic has been discussed before, but I have not seen it.

We are looking for a new brick & mortar home base to operate from in a temperate climate where we wouldn't mind living year around when we get too old to hit the road to escape heat or cold each year. It should be a community where most (if not all) homes have RV garages or concrete pads with full hookups & most owners have RV's & travel part of the year. For us, it is also important that there not be a lot of restrictions in the community but, hopefully, a bunch of like minded people who take care of each other.

Anyone know of such a "perfect" place?

Thanks,
Cass & Lyn

There is a place in FLorida where the tiny lots come with a cottage and a jumbo garage for the RV with full hookups.

Here is one such area. You can live there all winter, then go traveling the other 6 months.

http://www.lilylake.com/rv.html

By temperate climate, I assume you mean pretty much south of the Mason-Dixon line. Check out The Gardens RV Village in Crossville, TN. Also in FL, check out Great Outdoors RV Resort in Titusville, FL

You might want to look into the Escapees RV Club parks. We are members and have stayed at the parks in Livingston, Texas and Summerdale, Alabama where they sell lots with homes at the RV park. The Livingston park even has a medical care center. There are other places than just these two but we definitely felt welcome when we stayed at these. They are run as a co-op so definitely a group of like-minded people! Might be worth checking out.

Vicki

Cass Sumrall said:
I expect this topic has been discussed before, but I have not seen it.

We are looking for a new brick & mortar home base to operate from in a temperate climate where we wouldn't mind living year around when we get too old to hit the road to escape heat or cold each year. It should be a community where most (if not all) homes have RV garages or concrete pads with full hookups & most owners have RV's & travel part of the year. For us, it is also important that there not be a lot of restrictions in the community but, hopefully, a bunch of like minded people who take care of each other.

Anyone know of such a "perfect" place?

Thanks,
Cass & Lyn
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsMyev8YHyg

Not really temperate in the summer, but glorious in the winter  - check out Lake Ashton in Lake Wales FL (central). We have a section of RV homes and an active RV community, LA Travelers, which is a FMCA chapter. We also have non-RV homes with a gated storage lot in the community with covered storage. There are restrictions within the community, but nothing we've found we can't live with. We have two clubhouses, two pools, and tons to do including 2 golf courses.

Just realized I never reported back to this thread that we found the perfect RV Community for us & are building our RV home with attached 50 x 18 FT RV garage at Lake Weir Preserve right here in FL

I was just telling hubby this is what we need to find.... any in St. George, Utah area or Arizona, New Mexico, Ashland, oregon has great weather... ....?????????????

thanks,

tanglemoose said:
I was just telling hubby this is what we need to find.... any in St. George, Utah area or Arizona, New Mexico, Ashland, oregon has great weather... ....?????????????

thanks,

Not that we have been able to find comparable to Lake Weir Preserve here in FL.

Cass Sumrall said:
Just realized I never reported back to this thread that we found the perfect RV Community for us & are building our RV home with attached 50 x 18 FT RV garage at Lake Weir Preserve right here in FL
Nice location. Maybe you will be able to make it to the rally in Lakeland in June. :D

Back
Top Bottom