EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products PO Box Zone
Over The Network Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Eastern Sierras  (Read 107 times)

Dan de La Mesa

• ---
Eastern Sierras
« on: October 01, 2017, 06:01:00 PM »
This year we repeated most of a California trip we made last year, stopping at some of the same places as before. Two of the campgrounds are so spectacular that I wanted to mention them again.

We went up I-15 and US395 from San Diego, stopping first at a rustic campground in the Owens Valley, Tuttle Creek. https://www.campendium.com/tuttle-creek-campground
There are vault facilities and potable water at maybe half a dozen spigots. Prices have gone up to $8 a night this year, $4 with the Senior Pass. 83 sites, mostly vacant, beautiful mountain vistas both east and west, large spaces at considerable distance from each other and a fast-running creek.

Our other repeat campground was just outside Yosemite, Lower Lee Vining campground. https://www.monocounty.org/listing/lower-lee-vining-campground/1329/
Fairly dense aspen and pine forest with its own large stream. Again, the spaces are generous and fairly distant from each other. While Tuttle Creek is more a boulder and desert campground, Lower Lee Vining is a forest setting with interesting trails. $14/night or $7 with the Senior Pass. Vault toilets, NO water.

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
    • RV Forum web site
Re: Eastern Sierras
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2017, 06:30:43 PM »
Thanks for the report.

Being a fisherman, I'm partial to Browns Owens River Campground, alongside the Upper Owens River. From Hwy 395, turn at the small green-painted church a few miles south of the Mammoth airport, drive 7 miles and the road crosses the Upper Owens; The campground is on your right. Back in the 80's this was boondocking, but capitalism took over.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 06:32:15 PM by Tom »
Tom.  Need help? Click the Help button in the toolbar above.

Hosted by Over The Network