Which Fuse 2011 Buick?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dick Zeiter

I tow a 2011 Buick Lacrosse CXS. I have to leave the ignition on in order to place it in Neutral. The ignition draws more current than the 12 volt feed from the motorhome can provide leaving a dead battery at the end of the day.

Would this vehicle be one where you can pull a fuse or do I have to disconnect the battery?

Can you not leave the key in ACC?  You may need to place the key in ON to get it into N, but should to move it back to ACC without changing gears.

The owner manual for your LaCrosse has a section on Recreational Towing. You will find the appropriate instructions there. You might also check with a Buick dealer because there were some TSB's issued around 2012 that updated the towing procedures shown in the owner manual.

I checked the owner manual on my '14 LaCrosse and see that it does NOT permit 4-down towing like the '11 model claims to handle. Not sure if  GM/Buick changed their mind about it, or if there was some engineering change in the transmission between '12 and '14. I thought the '14 had the same 6T70 tranny, but maybe something changed in that transmission.

Further check shows the same for 2012 & 2013 - no 4-down towing of the LaCrosse.

The copy of the 2011 Lacrosse owner manual that I found online does NOT include a Recreational Towing section. It has a towing section, but it's only about towing trailers (and mostly boilerplate anyway).  Odd, since most every GM vehicle manual I've seen in the past 15 years has that section, even if it just says "NO".

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom