1987 Elandan - No pressure to front air storage tank & air horns.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ccrobin

Hello,

I am going through my list of things to fix on my new (to me) 1987 Winnebago Elandan.

I had a slow leak on my front tire, and got to thinking I should be able to inflate it with the on-board compressor. I looked under the hood and see a small air pressure storage tank with a pressure gauge, courtesy port, and also see that there is a yellow air line leading from here to the air horns on the roof.

Problem is, it does not seem to work. Gauge stays at zero. Turning the air horn switch inside does not seem to do anything. The lines appear to be in good condition. The rear air suspension seems to work (I can hear the compressor kick on for that), but I get nothing at the front.

Does anyone know if this front system is on its own compressor - or does it tie into the rear system? There is what appears to be a small compressor located under the main engine battery, but it is not easily accessible and I did not want to start tearing into anything until I knew for sure what I was looking at.

Anyone with suggestions on the first things I should check?

Thank you in advance!

~Christopher

Call Winnebago Owner Relations, those guys might have some documents they can refer to (or email you) that haven't been scanned and put up on their website. Also there's a link to Classic Winnebago's in our Winnebago and chassis resources thread at the top of this section, those guys might have some insight. 

We have several classic Winnebago owners here so maybe one of them will have advice for you.

Back
Top Bottom