Hello all!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jhardy

Hi my name is Jeff and I live in FL. I am not an RV'r but I want to be. Here is what I am looking for. I want a TT between 25-30 ft under 10K so used is good, and a something like a queen bed up front and just one bunk in the back. Also it must have one slide. Also my plan for the TT is to sleep in every night, I snore so bad that I loosing weight and getting medical help but I need some where I do not keep my wife up. Then as a TT I will go once or twice a year on a week trip with some weekends sprinkled in. So with always using it how good is the AC for using it all the time? Also does anyone know of anywhere in NW Florida to find trailers? I have looked in the paper, local dealers and thrifty nickle with no luck. Can't wait to be an RV'r

Welcome to the Forum and the wonderful world of RVing. There are lots of folks here who should be able to answer your questions.

Enjoy the search for that perfect RV.
Wendy

Also my plan for the TT is to sleep in every night, I snore so bad that I loosing weight and getting medical help but I need some where I do not keep my wife up.

A hell of a lot cheaper than a TT and a lot surer in relieving snoring is a CPAP unit.   The machine is prescribed for sleep apnea, a condition that is marked by extreme snoring.   Read about the disease in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obstructive_sleep_apnea#Obstructive_sleep_apnea_.28OSA.29.  Read about the CPAP units in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CPAP.  

Get it checked out with an ENT physician.  The condition can be deadly.  Probably killed my old man.

Carl L said:
A hell of a lot cheaper than a TT and a lot surer in relieving snoring is a CPAP unit.
Yep, wife and I both have that problem. Cant afford the CPAP yet but think it could be something worthwhile having.
IMHO sleeping/snoring in a TT is just gonna annoy the neighbours instead of the wife, maybe not such a good step ;)

Welcome to the RV Forum. Please look around the forum,  join in on any of the on going discussions, start new discussions, or ask questions. Thanks for joining us.

Ian said:
Yep, wife and I both have that problem. Cant afford the CPAP yet but think it could be something worthwhile having.
IMHO sleeping/snoring in a TT is just gonna annoy the neighbours instead of the wife, maybe not such a good step ;)

Don't you lads have an NHS in Aus?  I get mine thru my Kaiser Permanente HMO plan, and if they issue an item you better bet they consider it theraputic medical equipment.

Carl L said:
Don't you lads have an NHS in Aus?
Yes, we have a pretty good public health system, free for all. Trouble is that the criteria for a free CPAP is an average of at least 30 episodes an hour. I'm only 30 on my back, the sides and front are about 18-20 so I'm not bad enough to get it free. Cost for a CPAP down here is around AU$900-1000 so that is out of reach as I'm on Disability Pension and have been since '99.
I'd like one, sure beats the rude awakenings I usually have each night <sigh>

Ian said:
Yes, we have a pretty good public health system, free for all. Trouble is that the criteria for a free CPAP is an average of at least 30 episodes an hour. I'm only 30 on my back, the sides and front are about 18-20 so I'm not bad enough to get it free. Cost for a CPAP down here is around AU$900-1000 so that is out of reach as I'm on Disability Pension and have been since '99.
I'd like one, sure beats the rude awakenings I usually have each night <sigh>

Ye Katz!   $Aus 1,000.00 = $US 812.90!!    Take a look at the units HERE.   The RemStars are good units.   

BTW I have never had 30 episodes per hour.  Snored like hell tho.   CPAPs are worth their weight in gold.

Back
Top Bottom