Toronto to Vancouver in March - Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TRnewtown

Looking for some route suggestions from Toronto to Vancouver starting on March 15 and need to be in Vancouver on April 15th.  Would a Northern (Canadian) route mean that I would need to travel dry?  Would it make more sense to take a more Southern route to avoid the freezing temperatures? 

Tom

I don't know where you plan to stay, most camp grounds in Canada will be closed. The winter tires or chains rule in B.C. will be off March 31 but winter conditions in the mountains may still apply. You will be unlikely to avoid freezing temperatures, weather in the great plains is going to be iffy. Watch the weather and be prepared to wait it out.

I do plan to watch the weather.  Plan to stop in Chicago and then head south to avoid the freezing temperatures.  Hopefully the weather will be somewhat warmer in mid April when I head up to Vancouver.

Heading from Toronto to Chicago, and then Philadelphia before heading West.  Probably heading South until I hit the West Coast,

Philly is 8 hours southeast of Toronto and Chicago is 8 hours west of Toronto. Curious why you would head to Chicago first, then backtrack over 12 hours to Philly? 

I will be using the RV as a moving van for the first part of this journey.  Moving my son and his belongings from Chicago to Philly.

I will still have 25 days to make my way to Vancouver.  Hopefully I won't be too rushed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claassen
Back
Top Bottom