FL in March/April can I find camping (ClassB)?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dcbinvt

Dog & I are thinking of travel to Florida mid-March through April. No plans, no real schedule. I have a Class B MH. Thought about Cedar Key, Pensicola, Alligator Alley, etc.

Can I find camping?.... or is everything tight/full.

DCB in VT

Start checking around now, since March is around the corner.

You can probably find spots since you are flexible. If you can't then go inland. Those spots fill last.

Weekends are the toughest.

By the first of April, you see the whoosh of America snowbirds heading north, with Canadians shortly thereafter.  You should be fine from the Panhandle down to central Florida by mid March, and a bit tighter in southern Florida.  The Keys will likely by very tight through April, but we have stayed at State Parks in April with reservations booked near when we made them.  Also, State Parks usually hold back a sites for drop ins.

Ed

Cedar Key should have some open spots in the area, but best bet would be to call and ask. I live in CK, but would have to do the same.

I am in Larry and Penny Thompson county park in South Miami.  People start leaving here on March 1. By March 15 the place will be half empty. We leave April 1. You will be able to find spots anywhere in Florida in April.

March is still very busy in the Keys, anything south of Key Largo.
Personally, I would not go without first making some calls.
Try the Jolly Roger in Marathon.
Great park, friendly staff, on the Gulf.

Hesitant to point this out, but Cedar Key is not south of  or for that matter even near Miami. Perhaps I assume incorrectly.

From DCB, original poster: Would like to travel around Panhandle & mid-South Fla. and see places I have not been to. I have been to the Atlantic coast, Everglades to Flamingo, and Keys all the way down lots.

DCB in VT

geodrake said:
Markham Park at Sunrise, FL will have space.

I agree. Stayed there a couple times in Feburary with no reservations. Nice park.

Keep your pets away from the canal that runs along the park. Alligators. And I'm not joking about that.

I am at Wickham park in Melbourne, a county park with large nature lots and  full hookups. They should have something for you to reserve. There is lots to do right in the park as it is annexed with the day use park that has numerous functions. Also the bicycle riding here is wonderful and my pooch loves the dog park.

Brevard County also owns Long Pont Park on A1A right on the Indian River Lagoon. Quite beautiful, about 80% of the lots are waterfront the few inland spots still have spectacular views as it's a tiny flat island. Also good for nature and biking.

Salt Springs Rec Area (Federal) in Ocala has the year round crystal clear warm springs to swim in as well as good bike riding.

Believe it or not we found camping sites in the Florida keys through Airbnb for early April.  Search the site by location and you might have some offers to consider.

dcbinvt said:
From DCB, original poster: Would like to travel around Panhandle & mid-South Fla. and see places I have not been to. I have been to the Atlantic coast, Everglades to Flamingo, and Keys all the way down lots.

DCB in VT

Got it, which is why, when I saw several references to Miami area, I posted. Many people think Cedar Key is in Florida Keys, including the phone company, which once told me I was calling the wrong area to get a phone installed.

On the other hand, would not want the "Keys" crowd to find us. Too many visitors NOW!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom