EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Verizon Unlimited a real scam....  (Read 1053 times)

Tom Hoffman

• ---
Verizon Unlimited a real scam....
« on: February 24, 2017, 01:29:02 PM »
I am in Yuma and I had Millenicom and it would just not work.  No matter what they did we coiuld not get it to work reasonably.  So we switched to Verizon 24 G plan 2/3 of the way through our first month supposedly we were at 16G usage and 2 days later we went to 28 gigs. 

I called in and the young lady tells me that all of a sudden she could get me on the unlimited plan for the same amount as I was paying for 24G $130 per month. I had been told that since all I had was a HotSpot Line and no phone line that I could not get the Unlimited pllan right after they started it up

Now she says a change had been made, I can't get the $45 price that is based on multiple lines not one.  But if I wanted to switch to unlimited I could for the same per month as I was paying for the 24Gs.  I said sure why not.

Almost immediately once the plan change was made we noticed a marked reduction in speed.  So I called in today only to find out that it is not UNLIMITED it is only UNLIMITED 4G speed for the first 10Gigs and then you are throttled back to 3G speed for the balance of the month.

Of course I was not told this and since I cannot log into my on line acct because I don't have a Verizon Phone number to send me a temporary pass word, the only way they can send a temporary password is via US Mail.  Which takes 8 days and so far they have sent 6 and none of them work.

So I am paying $130 per month for one Hot Spot running at 3G.  Which is so slow most times almost nothing loads  it is about like dial up, but not quite.
Wife said to me. "What cha doin' today?"  "Nothin'" says I.  "Ya did that yestiday!" Says she.  "I didn't get done!" says I

2003 F-350 Super Duty Lariat Dually 7.3 Diesel
2008 34' Sunny Brook, Brookside

Paul & Ann

• ---
    • Paul and Ann's Great RV Adventure
Re: Verizon Unlimited a real scam....
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2017, 01:36:16 PM »
Sorry about that.  Caveat emptor, and read the fine print.  My wife switched to their new "unlimited" plan for about two hours, until she figured out she could only use 10 gig of data on her mifi per month, then it would be throttled.  It took a couple of phone calls to Verizon, but she got back on her previous plan.
Paul & Ann  Iowa
2005 Winnebago Voyage 38J
http://stoughrvadventure.blogspot.com/

Tom Hoffman

• ---
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2017, 02:04:04 PM »
Sorry about that.  Caveat emptor, and read the fine print.  My wife switched to their new "unlimited" plan for about two hours, until she figured out she could only use 10 gig of data on her mifi per month, then it would be throttled.  It took a couple of phone calls to Verizon, but she got back on her previous plan.

Well wonder of wonders we just re upped with Millenicom and just decided to go with their minimum plan of 6Gigs for $35 per, just to test the connection and speed and so far it seems to be working well during a time of day that before in Jan it would not work.  We'll see.
Wife said to me. "What cha doin' today?"  "Nothin'" says I.  "Ya did that yestiday!" Says she.  "I didn't get done!" says I

chad59

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2017, 06:02:24 PM »
I stream netflix just fine at 3g, use your phone as a hotspot faster than the "Hotspots" they sell

Sun2Retire

• Photo moderator
  • ---
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2017, 06:23:14 PM »
I stream netflix just fine at 3g, use your phone as a hotspot faster than the "Hotspots" they sell

X2. I have a 3G hotspot and as long as I have a decent signal it streams pretty well
Scott
2005 Newmar Dutch Star 3810, Spartan, Cat C7 350
Eezrv TPMS, VMSpc, 800W Solar
2002 Dodge RAM 1500 Quad Cab
Stowmaster towbar & Brakemaster

Tom Hoffman

• ---
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2017, 07:25:38 PM »
I fon't have a Smart Phone,  just a stupid phone.  Our hot spot on 3g will not hardly operate.  Speed test  results.  .46mps download.  .16mps upload. No streaming will work at that speed.

Sun2Retire

• Photo moderator
  • ---
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2017, 10:08:36 PM »
I fon't have a Smart Phone,  just a stupid phone.  Our hot spot on 3g will not hardly operate.  Speed test  results.  .46mps download.  .16mps upload. No streaming will work at that speed.

That's not even close to 3G speed you're getting so I can see why you can't stream. When I've got 2-5 bars I get about 1mps, sometimes 1.5. Most of the time I can stream without buffering.
Scott
2005 Newmar Dutch Star 3810, Spartan, Cat C7 350
Eezrv TPMS, VMSpc, 800W Solar
2002 Dodge RAM 1500 Quad Cab
Stowmaster towbar & Brakemaster

Tom Hoffman

• ---
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2017, 10:38:01 AM »

That's not even close to 3G speed you're getting so I can see why you can't stream. When I've got 2-5 bars I get about 1mps, sometimes 1.5. Most of the time I can stream without buffering.

Scott, Interestingly  since we switched back to Millenicom, they seem(T-Mobil) to have resolved some of their slow speed issues in the Yuma area.  Other places where we used them they had screaming fast speeds.  Now since yesterday the speeds have been from 1.5mps to 11.00mps.  The upside is that streaming of videos is not counted against you in you G usage.  Plus if you get to the end of the month and have data Gs left unused, they roll over to the next month. 

We started out with 6G plan for $35 and will probably boost up to 3 times that in a day or two.   

Hosted by Over The Network