Awning sealant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yfx4

We have a WeatherPro powered awning on our '05 Adventurer. The other day it rained while the awning was deployed and I noticed a leak between the body of the RV and the attachment of the awning.

What is the best material to reseal the entire joint?

If it was me, I would use Lexel

Jack L.
We use it on bulkheads in our boats, and I just recently installed an additional wire entrance port to my trailer (aluminum siding)  and I used it to seal that.
Make sure to clean the area well with alcohol first

jack L

By "attachment of the awning" do you mean where the fabric meets the roller or C-channel (as if the fabric has a small tear), or where the C-channel is attached to the body?

If the latter, which is what I'm guessing, any silicone sealant/caulk should do the trick.  When I replaced my own awning this past summer, that's what the Carefree (manufacturer) installation guide recommended for that area & what I used.

It is at the interface between the body of the coach and the awning assembly. The canvas is intact. There is a small section of the existing sealant material missing.

I know I need to remove all the existing sealant, clean it well and place new. I just was nor sure of the proper material to use.

Geocel Proflex (either the "RV" variant or standard Proflex) is an excellent all-around sealer for Rv seams. Good for just about anything except EPDM rubber roof seams. It's available in colors as well as clear too.

But most any exterior grade sealant designed for windows & doors will work fine. So will  butyl-rubber-based sealers designed for gutters and metal. Both would be available in any home or hardware store.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom