Anyone lost a boat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
I've been scouring our neighborhood, by land and by water, looking for the owner of a lost boat. I've also posted signs to the effect that, approx 1 week ago, I snagged a boat that was drifting across our bay. I was concerned that the boat would crash into one of the numerous boats docked in this area. I've also talked with neighbors in our and adjacent bays, to no avail.

If you've lost a boat in the vicinity of Discovery Bay, CA, please contact me with a description. I'll gladly relinquish the boat when I know I've found the rightful owner. Just click on the Envelope icon beneath my avatar. Jokers and other non-owners need not waste their time.

Tom, if that boat is big enough to have a watercraft registration number on it, contact your local law enforcement.

Also, anyone missing fishermen in your neighborhood???

Also every boat should have a "Boat Hull Number" (Like the VIN on your motor home or car) Again local law enforcement should be able to track it by BHN

(What can I say. there was a time when I could have done that on behalf of my troopers)

John,

It doesn't have registration tags. Looking at the condition, I don't believe it's been used in a very long time.

Our county sheriff's department (water based side) has very few resources, but I might give them a call if the hull number is legible. Meanwhile, I've contacted more neighbors in a wider area asking them to spread the word.

This morning I received a call from a lady saying her husband had lost a boat from their dock during the last storm and that he'd seen my "found boat" ad at a local store. She, he and I knew from the conversation that this wasn't his, but he just came by to look at it and confirmed it.

Today I decided to call our county sheriff's office, marine division. After apologizing for bothering them with a minor issue and explaining the situation, the sergeant said he'd "send a unit out". I wasn't sure whether to expect them to arrive by water or by land. 30 minutes later there was a knock on the door and in walked 3 deputies; They were en route to their boat berthed at the local marina, so it was an easy stop for them.

I recounted the story and what I'd done to try to find the owner, showed them the boat, then took them to the (apparently vacant) house where I think it might have strayed from. I also told them they didn't need to tow the boat away and find a place to store it because it was not in anyone's way tied up at our dock.

They're going to try to contact the homeowner. They also told me that, if I've taken reasonable steps to find the owner and nobody shows up to claim it, I can keep it.

Last call ....

Tom said:
They're going to try to contact the homeowner. They also told me that, if I've taken reasonable steps to find the owner and nobody shows up to claim it, I can keep it.

Last call ....

Wouldn't happen to be a new 670 Bertram would it ? I seemed to have misplaced one  ???    ;D  ;D  ;D

Back
Top Bottom