Wash & Dry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
M

markbarendt

So this last week we took delivery of this http://www.haieramerica.com/product/hlc1700axw combo unit.

I have to say I'm totally satisfied.

Have been using the quick wash and dry so far, set and forget. Quiet too.

We are still learning on it in a practical sense.

Roughly half full is what I shoot for because I am using it to dry, wash only you can do more.

This is easily keeping up with the wife and I with about 4-5 loads a week.

One thing I will say is that true to what I'd heard before buying a combo, the clothes do come out a bit more wrinkled than a normal dryer. Given the context the machine needs to live in, this is not an issue for me.

That looks like it would be perfect for socks, underwear and shirts.  How much water per load does it use?

Drifterrider said:
That looks like it would be perfect for socks, underwear and shirts.  How much water per load does it use?
Specifically, I don't know but...

My wife and I did roughly 6-8 loads in the last 8 days since we got our water meter and our measured water usage for the whole 'house' including all our showers etcetera, was right at 300.

As a comparison running our stick built home in Colorado with normal washer our usage was closer to 500 weekly. That situation included an automatic dishwasher though too so YMMV.

---------------

With regard to the wrinkle issue we have gotten a bit creative and it's worked out really well.

We set the dry cycle to 'less', which turns out to be mostly dry, then for example, I hang my nice work shirts and mist them with a spray bottle, smooth them by hand and hang them in the bedroom or main cabin, whichever is not being used and put them away later.

We are truly happy with the unit.

According to the documentation from our Splendide 2100XC unit - wash cycles go thru between 7 and 18 gallons.  I'm going to guess the OP's unit is probably somewhere in that vicinity as well.

We have a Splendide.  When I want to avoid wrinkling I shake everything out at the end of the wash cycle.  Sometimes I divide one wash load into two dry loads, but that depends on how big it is.  Then I start the dry cycle but stop it at about 15 minutes, take the items out that are damp, and then hang them to finish drying.  They come out looking pretty good with relatively few wrinkles.

ArdraF

Regarding wrinkling:  Am I the only guy on earth with an iron (and I'm not afraid to use it either)?

When we had a Splendide combo previously, we found that folding the laundry in between the wash and dry cycles worked pretty well for minimizing wrinkling. And yes, Drifter, we do have an iron on board that we both know how to use when needed. We just prefer not to need it now that our working days are well behind us.  ;)

I have the 1 cubic foot stainless steel  Haier top loading compact washer (no dryer).

It weighs 50 pounds and UPS brought it to my door in the campground.  ;D

It was $250 when I bought it, price hasn't changed much.

I've been using it for 7 years to do anything and everything that will fit in it, including the dog's bed and washable throw rugs.

It is sturdy and cleans beautifully with about 15 different settings. Plus it comes with quick-connect for bath or kitchen sink if you don't have  built-in hookups.

I hang dry everything.

If my RV were on fire, I would grab the washer and run!  ;D

I hope your Haier combo is as awesome and tough as my Haier washer.

For what it's worth, I use a Downy ball in mine, but I fill it 3/4's full with plain vinegar. This helps keep the hard water from messing with the plumbing and also softens the clothes without perfume. 

I give each laundry piece a good hard shake when it comes out, then hang dry. Stuff dries quickly except for my oh so thick and wonderful bath sheet.  ::)

I bought mine at Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=as_li_ss_tl?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=haier+portable+washer&sprefix=haier+,aps,282&crid=SDQ37LU6ACH&linkCode=ll2&tag=recreationalvehicles-20&linkId=69774ddd44e369da39f6274f6c9c0a71

Attachments

• Haier Quick Connect Washer.jpg
    Haier Quick Connect Washer.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 7
DearMissMermaid said:
I hang dry everything.

If my RV were on fire, I would grab the washer and run!  ;D

I hope your Haier combo is as awesome and tough as my Haier washer.

For what it's worth, I use a Downy ball in mine, but I fill it 3/4's full with plain vinegar. This helps keep the hard water from messing with the plumbing and also softens the clothes without perfume. 

Do you find you need a dehumidifier in your rig with all the clothes hanging wet? 

I was in an apartment with no washer dryer and had this Panda unit that had a spinner also.  I never bothered to hook it up, just use the shower head extension to fill it up manually.  Wondering if I could do the same with the Haier?

markbarendt said:
So this last week we took delivery of this http://www.haieramerica.com/product/hlc1700axw combo unit.

I have to say I'm totally satisfied.

Have been using the quick wash and dry so far, set and forget. Quiet too.

How much is this bad boy.?

Looking the combo up on the internet, I see prices are between $899 (Amazon) and $1,119.

Jim & Nancy
NewMar Mountain Air

I went online after reading this post and picked one up from Amazon for 99.00, it has wash and spin dry, no heat. I wasn't in the market, but this post got me thinking. We are weekend TT campers, and hauling dirty beach towels and t shirts back and forth is a pain. No longer.!

sailberg said:
Where do you put it? Outside? Where does the rinse water drain?

In my bathroom and it drains anywhere I want it to. The shower is perfect.

And im sure it would/could work outside as well. Just dump some water in it to start it and let it do the rest.

Triple Slide Jayco said:
I went online after reading this post and picked one up from Amazon for 99.00, it has wash and spin dry, no heat. I wasn't in the market, but this post got me thinking. We are weekend TT campers, and hauling dirty beach towels and t shirts back and forth is a pain. No longer.!

Can you provide a link to what you bought from Amazon?

I have a similar unit in my home.  it takes a LOOONG time to do one load, but i still love it.  it's just me. 

Tips: 1- don't overload it. do smaller loads/smaller items. 2- i find that if you do a wash cycle first, then remove items that can air dry, do it. then put some dryer sheets in and run the drain cycle and dry cycle.  3- always clean out the rubber "lint" trap before every wash/dry.

Here it is.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Goplus-Portable-Mini-Compact-Twin-Tub-11lb-Washing-Machine-Washer-Spin-Dryer-/201551625822?hash=item2eed69be5e:g:AEcAAOSwzvlW-0gS

Back
Top Bottom