I-75 & Atlanta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rbell

I just got home from Fla. and went straight thru Atlanta for the second time, not using the bypass. The traffic never slowed down all the way thru. I used to dread that bypass and can't figure out why I used it now. Also the road in Ga. is a lot better this year than last even though there is still some construction.

Dick,

Several friends here at TGO live in the Atlanta area. Their recommendation is always go straight through Atlanta. The bypass is always worse. I still try to avoid that area as much as possible. :)

Always avoid Atl at all costs but should you need to, go straight thru.  No matter how bad it is, it's always better than going around the bi-pass.  From the Gateway city (St Louis ) for years we've been going to Fl via 64 thru Ala and the 19 south to Mid Fl or South Fl  And towing what be do it's much better then Tenn and Mt Eagle and I hate driving in Chatanooga.  It's got to be the roughest road area in the world. Even worse the 30 in Ark used to be between Memphis and Little Rock or 12  in La going to Texas was.  Wow what 3 nightmares.

We live 40 miles north so it's a fact of life.

Yes "hey dittle dittle down thru the middle" = the trucks have to go around

A weekend if possible, otherwise shoot for 10-2.  We actually overnighted in Forsyth coming back from Floridia so we wouldn't hit rush hour.

We have a nice place north of Atlanta to stage for southbounders.

Joel

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skibumbob
Back
Top Bottom