rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Fridge Defend
RV Life Magazine RV Park Reviews RV Trip Wizard

Author Topic: Weathering Spring and Summer storms in a Fifth Wheel in the Southeast  (Read 362 times)

Christi Wilson

• ---
Currently living in a 33ft Keystone Cougar fifth wheel in Bryson City,N.C.,and possibly moving to Lenoir City,TN where there is no protection from the mtns. I have 2 slideouts,both on the same side. I do believe that the storms and weather in general are going to keep becoming more intense. My question is,do they make anything that can anchor this bad boy down,like some kind of strap that anchors into the ground? I don't have a truck to move the camper. Where it is possibly getting moved to,there aren't trees around it,only behind,which is good if you don't want a tree falling on you,but not so good because there is nothing to break the wind. Would very much appreciate some suggestions,I live in it full time and I love it,just new to it.

Tom Hoffman

• ---
I sat out in the open in Nebraska with two slides out on one side in our TT.  We experienced 70+ mph straight line winds and the trailer rocked and rolled, but was still there when it was over.

There are large screw in earth anchors that can be connected to chain and the frame.  They might help.  Most likely if you get hit, the 5r and the anchors will be gone with the wind.  Thats what you have insurance for.
Wife said to me. "What cha doin' today?"  "Nothin'" says I.  "Ya did that yestiday!" Says she.  "I didn't get done!" says I

2003 F-350 Super Duty Lariat Dually 7.3 Diesel
2008 34' Sunny Brook, Brookside