Travel trailer floor replacement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GARYJ

I have a Mallard travel trailer with vinyl floor. It's beginning to look old and I'm thinking about the options to replace it.
Don't like laminate because of the floating part of it,
Thought about peel and stick vinyl squares, do I have to get rid of the old floor or wouold it stick to it well?
Don't feel like dismantling all the cabinets; sink, stove, etc.
Please tell me as many suggestions as you have on this old subject
Regards to all!

if the old vinyl does not have a deep embossed look and is tight on the floor, you can go over it. dirt is not your friend with peel and stick- clean your floor good

I would think peel and stick would work as well, and as noted above.  Also provided the current floor covering isn't
lifting or damaged. 

Peel & stick doesn't hold up very well in an environment where there are frequent & wide temperature changes, high humidity and twisty road vibrations. The tiles shift around and soon gaps appear, not matter how carefully they were laid to begin with. The adhesive on peel & stick simply isn't tight enough to avoid this problem.

If you want vinyl, I would suggest sheet or an interlocking vinyl plank. Vinyl plank is designed to be floated, but I know people who have glued it down.

You don't have to remove cabinetry - just cut the old tile along the edges of the cabinets and pull it up. You can add molding if needed to cover any imperfect edges.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awiltzius
Back
Top Bottom