Maxx fan installation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GARYJ

I'd like to add one of those powerful fans to my TT, I have an AC unit installed and don't want to get rid of it, the only other place that has an usable hole is the exhaust fan on the bathroom. Would it be enough ventilation if I install it there? providing that the bathroom door would be open when the fan is running
I am afraid of opening a new hole some other place. What if I find some cables or something happens?
Anyone has been here?

My last trailer had a Fantastic Fan (similar setup) in the bathroom.  It worked great.

Set it to exhaust and open a window at the opposite end of the trailer next to where you'll be sitting.  You'll get great air circulation and the fan noise won't be right next to you.

There's only a couple of caveats.  First, like you said, if your bathroom door doesn't have a couple inches of gap at the top or bottom, you have to leave it cracked open so air can flow into the bathroom.

Second, be sure to turn the fan off before you use the toilet, or it'll suck a bunch of tank gas into the interior when you flush.

Lou, thanks a lot!
That's what I wanted to know!
I really don't want to open a new hole on the TT

I had a 4" exhaust fan in the bathroom and replaced it with a Maxxair fan.  It works great and you can adjust the speed of the fan in 10% increments and also choose intake or exhaust.  If the fan is on 100% exhaust and the bathroom door is closed, you can hear wind whistling as the air is sucked under the door.  Works great.

I have done the exact same thing a few times. You can also trim a little off the door top and bottom  (unless there is already a gap) which will allow you to leave the door shut.

Our FW came with one in the living room. I installed 2 more, one in the bath, the other in the bed room. Wouldn't be without them. Open two windows in the living room.. turn two Maxxy fans on exhaust.. NICE breeze.. Life is Good.  :) 8)

Back
Top Bottom