EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products PO Box Zone
Over The Network Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Maxx fan installation  (Read 605 times)

GARYJ

• ---
  • 2007 Mallard 18ck
Maxx fan installation
« on: March 04, 2017, 11:03:35 PM »
I'd like to add one of those powerful fans to my TT, I have an AC unit installed and don't want to get rid of it, the only other place that has an usable hole is the exhaust fan on the bathroom. Would it be enough ventilation if I install it there? providing that the bathroom door would be open when the fan is running
I am afraid of opening a new hole some other place. What if I find some cables or something happens?
Anyone has been here?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 11:05:52 PM by GARYJ »

Lou Schneider

• Forum Staff
  • ---
Re: Maxx fan installation
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2017, 12:08:04 AM »
My last trailer had a Fantastic Fan (similar setup) in the bathroom.  It worked great.

Set it to exhaust and open a window at the opposite end of the trailer next to where you'll be sitting.  You'll get great air circulation and the fan noise won't be right next to you.

There's only a couple of caveats.  First, like you said, if your bathroom door doesn't have a couple inches of gap at the top or bottom, you have to leave it cracked open so air can flow into the bathroom.

Second, be sure to turn the fan off before you use the toilet, or it'll suck a bunch of tank gas into the interior when you flush.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 12:11:30 AM by Lou Schneider »

GARYJ

• ---
  • 2007 Mallard 18ck
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2017, 08:18:29 AM »
Lou, thanks a lot!
That's what I wanted to know!
I really don't want to open a new hole on the TT

Badlands Bob

• ---
  • What could possibly go wrong?
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2017, 10:10:18 AM »
I had a 4" exhaust fan in the bathroom and replaced it with a Maxxair fan.  It works great and you can adjust the speed of the fan in 10% increments and also choose intake or exhaust.  If the fan is on 100% exhaust and the bathroom door is closed, you can hear wind whistling as the air is sucked under the door.  Works great.
2015 Ford F-150 5.0
2016 Winnebago 2201 w/Equal-i-zer hitch

Urthworm_Life

• ---
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2017, 08:31:17 AM »
I have done the exact same thing a few times. You can also trim a little off the door top and bottom  (unless there is already a gap) which will allow you to leave the door shut.

BIG JOE

• ---
  • Twice Retired
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2017, 03:11:57 PM »
Our FW came with one in the living room. I installed 2 more, one in the bath, the other in the bed room. Wouldn't be without them. Open two windows in the living room.. turn two Maxxy fans on exhaust.. NICE breeze.. Life is Good.  :) 8)
Joe

Tow an 016 29RS "Reflection" 5r w/Trailair pin box...with a 2012 Ford DRW, F-350, 4x4, Loaded de-Blinged Lariat CC, 6.7 Diesel.. Wife & I, Beck & Sheeka the Dogs.. And as of 5-17.. Lizzie, the Kitten in Training.

Hosted by Over The Network