2017 Reflection 315RLTS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

abehmlander

Looking for an information on this model. Thinking about purchasing either this or a Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite.

Welcome to the Forum!

Why new??

Buying use provides:

Lower initial cost.  Let somebody else pay that huge first year depreciation.

Virtually all new RV have some (some have many) factory OOPS that need fixed.  Warranty covers this, but some dealers make this a very low priority, and the new camper sits on their lot for a month for a simple repair.  Less experienced service techs sometimes break more things than they fix.  Every trip means you tow it to the dealer, and make a second trip to pick it up.  You can not go camping while the dealer has your camper.  Buying used allows the original owner to get all of this fixed for you.

If you do not get the "right" camper the first time, the cost to trade for the one you really want is much less.

Lightly used campers are readily available.  The original owner may have decided camping was NOT for them, or they bought the wrong camper.  Poor health often forces some folks to give up camping.

Sometimes a gently used camper comes with upgraded sewer hoses, water hoses, or power monitors or a myriad other nice accessories.

Just some things to think about!

Take a good look at the overall build and compare the two construction wise. Not knocking Rockwood, but I don't think it's built as well as a Grand Design. Find out what makes the Rockwood an "ultra lite'. Maybe only 1/4" luan for subfloor? I've seen it before.

I have a 2017 315RLTS. It has not been without issues. Grand Design does stand behind their product and has provided me with excellent customer service. It is a BIG trailer and is quite roomy inside. We love the floorplan.

Try the GD owners forum here:      http://www.granddesignowners.com/forum/forum.php

Back
Top Bottom