Carlsbad NM to Albuquerque

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clockdrfla

Is Hwy 285 running north from Carlsbad to I-40 a good road?  Is it a 4 lane?  Going to be in Carlsbad and did not want to go SW to pick up I-10.  Thanks

It's pretty decent road.  We traveled 285 last spring when we were returning from the Texas rvforum rally in Terlingua.  We stopped at Carlsbad and Roswell along the way before Albuquerque.  There were some undulations in the road but overall the road was good.  We were traveling in a 40' coach towing our Jeep, no issues.

Mike.

zmotorsports said:
It's pretty decent road.  We traveled 285 last spring when we were returning from the Texas rvforum rally in Terlingua.  We stopped at Carlsbad and Roswell along the way before Albuquerque.  There were some undulations in the road but overall the road was good.  We were traveling in a 40' coach towing our Jeep, no issues.

Mike.
Thanks for the info.  Going to be in Carlsbad next week.

Excellent road.  A little slow because of the small towns until you get N of Roswell.  From Roswell north it is almost like being on an interstate for about 100-125 miles and good mostly 4 lane the rest of the way to I-40 at Clines Corner. 

Back
Top Bottom