baking in a convection microwave?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

henkelphoto

Hi guys!

My TT (keystone hideout 177lhs) didn't come with an oven so I was thinking of changing out the microwave to a convection microwave. The only reason that I have to do this is to make pizza or biscuits.

Will it work for that?

It would work fine, but for pizza, you might be mindful of the size.  My microwave/convection oven is only 12" deep.

Yes, I know about the pizza size. It's just my wife and I so a smaller pizza is the way to go for us anyway.

We like leftover pizza for a quick lunch. We often get a family size take and bake and just bake half at a time. The second half bakes while we are eating and goes in the fridge.

A microwave-convection oven can do anything a regular oven can, as long as what you want to cook will fit.  It has less electrical power than a home oven so that if you are cooking something large and heavy it will take a bit longer.  But, if you allow for that, you can cook anything.  We've baked, roasted, etc., including turkeys, rib roasts, and even a 16 pound turducken in ours!

Agree with docx - a decent convection oven can bake anything that fits in it. We've made everything from roasts to pastries.

Most convection microwaves are larger sizes, though, at least 1.2 cu ft. You may have difficulty finding one that fits in place of what you now have.

Also remember that the convection setting makes a lot of heat and venting that heat is much more critical than microwaving.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom