Remodeling a 03 Dutchmen and need some advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smackey8892

Hi all, this is my first post in the forum and I'm new to RV's all together. I bought a Dutchmen 29Q and have plans of full timing it once I move to Texas (pending a transfer within the company). This camper had the bunkhouse in the back which I think I had it ripped out before I unhooked it from the truck. I plan on doing quite an extensive remodel and I will post pics soon, maybe make a youtube slide show to better show whats going on.

My questions thus far right out of the gate:

I had a 6 gal gas water heater, I would like to convert to an electric, tankless water heater. Can this be done with a 30 amp panel? If so, can anyone help with what the swap looks like? I'm trying to minimize my propane use as I do not plan on boondocking, rather I want to turn this camper into a park model-esque camper.

When I stand in the shower, the top of my head is against the top of "the bubble" that I guess is to better accommodate tall people. I want to put a house hold shower in, does anyone see any problems with doing so? I plan on buying the kit that comes in pieces to get it through the doorway and installed. The only problem I can see is with the P-trap for the shower but I should be able to work around that by possibly making a small platform for the shower pan.

The lack of plugs in the camper is another thing I anticipate as a hindrance, has anyone added additional outlets to their RV? I imagine its the same as in a house, my concern is overloading the panel. I plan on keeping a TV, Xbox, and Desktop computer (with monitor and printer) plugged in 24/7 when I'm hooked up at the park. I don't think I'll have any problems but I wanted to be certain before buying all the materials and crossing the point of no return.

Here's the floor plan I have, I've ripped the bunks and TV cabinet out and plan on extending the wall to accomodate a 3ft x 3ft shower (current shower is 3ft x 2ft). The bunkhouse room will become a TV/storage room

Edit: the floor plan I have actually has the bathroom mirrored to where the shower is on the side of the bunks not as pictured, the wall I plan on extending will extend into the bunk room.

Attachments

• Floor Plan.jpg
    Floor Plan.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 35

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom