Slide Toppers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dman22

Are Slide Toppers really worth the money or just wasted option & what is the
best website as price goes for buying these and other types of accessories?

I wouldn't be without one - they keep a lot of trash off the top of the slide.  But if you don't use the rig much or stay in open areas where leaves and such don't clutter the top of the slide, maybe you don't need one.  Some slides bring in water that may have accumulated on top (even dew) when you retract them, and if you have one of those a topper is really nice.

PPL Motorhomes seems to have decent prices on this sort of thing, but RVUpgrades.com is my favorite for accessory type purchases. The prices are fair (though not always the very lowest available) and the service is excellent.

Has anyone installed slide toppers themselves. It seems like a task I could tackle, but I am concerned about finding something substantial under the fiberglass to attach to. Any experience?
Lovebird

I suggest you contact the manufacturer of your RV and ask them for recommendations and comments as to location to fasten the slideout topper.  There is likely some solid structure in the area just need to find out where it is.

Back
Top Bottom