Firefox V52

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wb6kwt

Firefox updated yesterday and now has this message that pops up telling me the site you are connecting to is not secure. That's fine but now I'm unable to log into a device that is connected to my Comcast modem. I can ping the device but can't connect to it to make changes. Anyone know of a way around this unwanted new feature?

Bob

Fortunately I don't have that version yet, but check under Tools/Options and see if there is an option to check or uncheck to alleviate the problem.

The Betanews site says, in part:

Firefox 52 also tightens security in a number of different ways. First, it displays a warning within both username and password fields on insecure (non-HTTPS) web pages. Non-secure websites can no longer set cookies with a "secure" attribute, and the Battery Status API has been removed to reduce the ability of trackers to fingerprint users.

So perhaps those insecure sites are HTTP, rather than HTTPS (many, many sites are that way). I don't know about your device (you didn't mention what it is).

That experience is one reason I never let software update automatically -- I keep control and know what's going on. You might see if you can roll back to the previous version. Most any FF version, 0.10.1 through 52, can be downloaded from Mozilla's ftp server at:
https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom