Golf Carts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kdbgoat

I'm kinda surprised I don't see anything on this site about golf carts. I'm sure there have got to be more than a few here. Does anybody here participate in any golf cart forums? Anyone have any recommendations on golf cart forums?

I used to have an electric cart before i got my gas one. I did find a bunch of forums which were helpful to me learning how the electric ones worked. They mostly seemed gear towards people modifying golf carts into custom rides ie big tires, stereos, lights . Cant think of the names off hand but search and you will find them. I got the gas one so i can go as far as i want and not have to worry about running out of juice or having to charge it off my generator if i was boondocking.

my father in law gave us his old one
I visited buggies gone while a bunch researching it and fixing it up.  Tires are flat and it's taking up garage space.
I'm on the fence about spending the big bucks to get it street legal
and I have no way of hauling it behind the rv

It's a toss up because so many places we go it can't be used unless street legal...and then not so much because you have to stay on I think 35MPH or less posted roads here in FL.  Most roads out of the state parks we frequent are faster than that

Come to Florida and visit The Villages, they have as many golf carts as they have people. They even have The Villages Golf Cart Precision Drill Team.

https://youtu.be/d65kIRgMOGw

I thought a golf cart was required equipment.  Some of those Dumpsters are all the way down the row.

Attachments

• rcart.jpg
    rcart.jpg
    321.7 KB · Views: 42
SeilerBird said:
Come to Florida and visit The Villages, they have as many golf carts as they have people. They even have The Villages Golf Cart Precision Drill Team.

https://youtu.be/d65kIRgMOGw

like synchronized swimming!
what a riot

I'm in the minority I guess.  I've been to to many campgrounds that allow golf carts and I have set under my awning and watched the same carts going back and forth all day.  Where are these people going/doing.  It's not too bad when the campground allows electric carts only, but when they don't and the old gassers just spew blue smoke all day that gets a little to much, and the noise!!!!!
    If a person has a VALID handicap sticker then that's different

I have a gas Club car and it is very quiet, can't hardly hear it run. Some camp grounds will not let you use your own cart, especially if they rent. I pull it on a 6x10 ft tilt trailer, and can load and unload in a couple minutes. I put a ball on the cart and just hook the trailer to it. Every site I've camped at has had plenty of room for the trailer too. I've even backed the trailer into the site before with my Challenger as I could see out the rear window. I do have a handicap placard and my wife uses a walker now so we DO need the cart or an electric scooter. I prefer gas over electric, as they are much lighter and less costly to maintain. All gas carts aren't smoky, stinky, and loud. 

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom