Towing a 2006 Mazda Miata 4 wheel down

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

[email protected]

Need to talk with people who are towing Mazda Miata MX-5, 5 or 6 speed manual transmission. 4 wheels down.
Is pre 2002 the only ones towable?  I 'd like to buy a 2006 and tow it behind my motorhome.
Help

I am very interested, too.  I have an '01 Miata.  I know this is not an answer, but it will bump it back to the top of the board.

http://www.remcoindustries.com/Towing/Store.php 

Remco says 2001 and 2006 needs to be on a trailer.

I pulled a 1991 all around the country, things have changed I guess.

Are either of you guys in a Miata club?

Pulled a '99 5 speed four wheels down for a couple of years. As long as the Miata is a manual rear wheel drive I see no reason why it can't be towed 4 down. I did run Redline MTL in the tranny and disabled the steering wheel lock.

Finally moved to a Jeep as the Costco runs were very challenging in the Miata. But sure handled the back roads better.

No, I'm not in any Miata clubs.  Love the car, though.

We took a week vacation over the Skyline Drive / Blue Ridge Pkwy last fall, 95% top down (It rained half a day).  We fit the luggage in okay, but it sure kept the souvenir shopping to an absolute minimum!  The Costco issue is VERY REAL!!

I have towed both a 2002 and a 2013 Mazda Miata 4 down with no problems. Both were standard transmission with the first being a 5 speed and the last being a 6.

Mike

I don't know why I didn't see your post sooner.

I towed a 2000 5-speed over 35,000 miles and have now towed a 2010 6-speed and a 2012 6-speed over 25,000 miles.

With information, I have helped more than 100 Miata owners to get their cars flat towable.

PM me with your Email address so that I can send you some attachments and I can tell you all you need to know.

Tim

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j404/healeyman/Rig2.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nativoacai
Back
Top Bottom