Pleasure Way DVD/CD replacement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

karfxr

Hello. New to the forum and really enjoy all the info. We recently purchased a 2004 Pleasure Way TD with only 10K miles on it. The unit is like new inside and out but I did discover that the original DVD/CD player in the rear of the motorhome does not work. It comes on but will not load/eject a DVD. I want to take it out and install a new unit but I cannot figure out how to remove it. I have tried removing all of the screws which are very few, with no luck. I don't want to damage the wood frame that it is mounted in so I thought I would ask if anyone has changed one of these out.
Thanks

Here is a photo. A little hard to see but I'm sure someone has run into this before.
Steve

Attachments

• rv8.jpg
    rv8.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 14
That looks like a standard car radio installation.  There are special thin tools that you slide in and press on both sides, and then the unit will slide out.  I would take it to a car radio installer and have them remove the unit.  Even with the tools it is a skill.  They should have it out in 5 min and not for very much cost.  I am not sure what you are looking to put in its place but think you will need a single DIN car DVD or blu ray.

Back
Top Bottom