EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Pleasure Way DVD/CD replacement  (Read 541 times)

karfxr

Pleasure Way DVD/CD replacement
« on: March 11, 2017, 11:00:20 PM »
Hello. New to the forum and really enjoy all the info. We recently purchased a 2004 Pleasure Way TD with only 10K miles on it. The unit is like new inside and out but I did discover that the original DVD/CD player in the rear of the motorhome does not work. It comes on but will not load/eject a DVD. I want to take it out and install a new unit but I cannot figure out how to remove it. I have tried removing all of the screws which are very few, with no luck. I don't want to damage the wood frame that it is mounted in so I thought I would ask if anyone has changed one of these out.
Thanks

RedandSilver

• ---
Re: Pleasure Way DVD/CD replacement
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2017, 03:23:08 PM »
A picture might help.
2002 Rexhall Rose Air  Cummins 8.3  350hp

karfxr

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2017, 10:47:17 PM »
Here is a photo. A little hard to see but I'm sure someone has run into this before.
Steve

Bobtop46

• ---
    • Work Camper
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2017, 11:44:27 AM »
That looks like a standard car radio installation.  There are special thin tools that you slide in and press on both sides, and then the unit will slide out.  I would take it to a car radio installer and have them remove the unit.  Even with the tools it is a skill.  They should have it out in 5 min and not for very much cost.  I am not sure what you are looking to put in its place but think you will need a single DIN car DVD or blu ray.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 11:48:01 AM by Bobtop46 »
2007 Coachman Aurora 36FWS
2006 Mini Cooper S

karfxr

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2017, 10:42:15 PM »
Thank you. I will give that a try.

Hosted by Over The Network