Anyone with XC Chassis drawings?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SCVJeff

Specifically the hi-lo headlight switch and wiring out to the lamps...
Went over to look at headlight adjustment last night, sat down, turned them on, turned on brights, it lasted about 3 sec and dropped to low again. I'm suspecting the column switch, relay, or fuse, and I can't find any of those (yet). So I'm looking for those drawings if anyone has them? This circuit is about the only one I don't have (or can't find) in my 2" thick shop drawings book I carry :(

Also, if you have or request a login to DTNA (Daimler Trucks North America) the follow on to AccessFreightliner, can get the drawings there. I just tried my logon, but it seems to have disappeared! So I sent DTNA an email.

John Canfield said:
You have to log in every so many days or they have to reset your account.

DTNA supposedly changed that a few years ago. CS said 'my information got detached from my account', whatever that means. Anyway, I'm back in business.

Jeff, I sent you a PM.

Got it, thanks Norm. This is close but I'm still missing exactly what I need. And not sure which direction it fans out from the drawing.

John, I tried to logon years ago and could never get it to work, so I finally gave up. There is either a relay, fuse, column switch, that has decided to fail

Gary RVer Emeritus said:
Maybe a call to FCCC Customer Service could get some help.  1-800-FTL-HELP (24/7 availability; have the last 6 digits of the VIN handy)
thats on my to-to tmw morning. Hopefully they have fixed their acces issues from 10 years ago.

Thanks!

Not having to log in every xx days to keep your login credentials active was a great change. I logged in one time and looked around, then a few months later I wanted to look something up and no-go.  Guess they got tired of calls to the help desk.

There is no access problem with the 24/7 800 Help line, but using Access Freightliner used to be a pain. The name of the Access Freightliner site has changed to DTNAconnect now. DTNA = Daimler Trucks North America, the parent company for Freightliner, FCCC, Thomas Bus, Western Star, etc.

Well I just got off the phone with FCCC?. Man it's nice to talk to someone that's smarter than me for a change! He knew exactly what I was talking about, described it, where it is, the connectors and their individual pinouts(!).  He has clearly been here more than once. I have drawings being emailed to me now :)

What a pleasure that was for a change!! This is exactly the way Fantastic Fan used to be.

The few times I've had to call Freightliner were always positive, glad that was your experience as well. On the other hand We were leaving a campground in west Texas and the engine lost power and quit.

Called Cummins and the first thing she wanted was the engine serial number. Okay, never mind - I could see this call was not going to be helpful. After a few minutes the engine started and ran fine (thank goodness - we were at least 100 miles away from anything.)

Took it to the Cummins dealer in Avondale (Phoenix) and they flashed the PCM - problem solved.

I emailed FCCC and they emailed me the schematics for the XC chassis. I enjoy looking at schematics!  ;D If anyone needs them, PM and I can send them along! I have found Freightliner to have excellent customer service. They have always been helpful via email. Mark is the one who always answers my email!  Joe

NoMoreAZ said:
DTNA supposedly changed that a few years ago. CS said 'my information got detached from my account', whatever that means. Anyway, I'm back in business.

Jeff, I sent you a PM.
Norm, I have been trying to reply to your last PM and get continual server failures. The LED replacements I did were for the driving lights, not the normal headlights. The LED's stick out too far from the fixture with heat sink to get them installed without pulling the entire assembly out. I can however replace the brights with LED. If I do I'll go with 160W COB's. This will put out probably 4x the light of the brightest Halogens. I don't like driving the coach at night just because there never seems to be enough light. This and the driving lights solves that. And yes, I seem to have blown that module :-(

SCVJeff said:
...... get continual server failures.

Me too. Got confused by which lights you changed. Just wondered about the switching pwr supplies.

SCVJeff....Not sure if you were able to chase this down or not. But as far as I can see, the DC voltage comes from a "Battery Junction" at the "Drivers Station." It then goes to a the "headlight switch." This turns it on and off. Then to  the connector on the "dimmer sw./cab" This is where the hi/lo is selected and the ability to flash the high beams is made. From here it goes to a connector (pin D) and on to the head lights. I don't see a relay. I would suspect the dimmer switch as it probably gets the most usage.  And it is the only part of the circuit I can see that is not common between high and low lamps (except the bulbs themselves). Does the click sound and feel crisp when you turn on the high beams? 

this particular XC Chassis has no relays, switches, fuses, etc. on high beams (only). There is a epoxy potted lighting control module that appears to be dead. I can look at the control voltage coming into the module, but no outputs on the high beam outputs. This oopsie is gonna run me probably $300.. the good news is that it's only the high beams that are affected. I am however going to go over and start the engine and see if they then come on. There's another thread going thetnthe OP said fixed the same issue, but on an older Chassis. Maybe this one has the same failsafe that the factory neglected to mention

It's called a Lighting Control Module
06-54581-000
Made by Surepower Industries

SCVJeff said:
It's called a Lighting Control Module
06-54581-000
Made by Surepower Industries

Thanks. I will make a note in my book.

Here is one used:  http://rvchassisparts.visonerv.com/cgi-bin/md/M121109/s1.pl

Weellllllll......
Someone on another thread here was complaining about the hi-beams only working with the engine running.... so I figured I'd give THAT a try..

So even though the ignition was off when I first turned the hi beams on to adjust them, then watched them go off about 30 sec later, and freightliner didn't mention this either.... the ignition must be On for the hi beams to operate.... go figure.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opal6502
Back
Top Bottom