It's that time of year again!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

denmarc

Daylight savings time. Some love it, others hate it. My DW bitches up a storm twice a year over this event.
I don't know whats worse...her bitching or losing the hour of sleep!  ;)
Personally, I don't have much to say about it. My work "day" consist of one thing...dark. The neighbor mowing the grass at 9PM when I'm trying to sleep can be a problem at times. But tolerable.
Farmers don't need it anymore with all the new technology (GPS) in their equipment and I see LED lighting on most equipment that would light up an airport runway!
There are a few states in the NE trying to implement an "Atlantic Time" during the time the majority of the country is on DST.

Do we really need DST anymore?

I'm another that likes DLS.  Funny, because I'll spend all summer in a state that doesn't change time. 
Outdoor people(like most of us presumably are)should appreciate extra hours of daylight to do all the fun things we do while camping.

I can understand some people complaining about losing an hour of sleep in the spring.  I can't understand why the same people complain about getting an extra hour of sleep back in the fall.

My spring forward has been really strange.  It was in the high 60's Saturday.  Woke up Sunday at 5am(CDT)to 4" of snow on the ground.  By the afternoon it was gone.  Was commenting to my wife about the full moon before we went to bed Sunday night, and woke up this morning to 3" of snow again...which is mostly gone now.

Funny you should mention this, we set the alarm yesterday and it never went off due to the jump in time and over the cell phone alarm. We slept an extra hour before we noticed the by pass.

I don't like DST and the fact that Indiana went back to changing clocks some years ago.  I don't mind the sleep issue, but I'm an early morning person and I used to enjoy getting out really early in the yard.  Lawnmowers operating at 9:30 to 10:00 all summer are not my favorite thing either.

Someone forgot to inform the bushes that it's still winter.

Attachments

• quince.jpg
    quince.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 14
  • q_f.jpg
    q_f.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 14
I REALLY like DST.

I like it staying light till almost 10pm The last 2 weeks of June and the first 2 weeks of July.
That is ONE of the biggest advantages to live so close to the west end of a time zone.
For those that don't know the west end of the EASTERN time zone goes right down the center of Lake Michigan more or less.

I don't always cut my grass at 9pm but it's nice if I get busy in the daytime or it's really hot during the daytime hours.
I live in the country with few neighbors - and like I said I don't do it all the time - maybe once or twice a season.

As far as losing sleep - that has to be most often from NOT PLANNING.  Go to bed one hour earlier and you won't lose any sleep.
AND don't tell me it can't be done.  If you didn't want to lose the sleep you COULD avoid that with a little planning.  JMO.

Heck - if they want to mess with changing DST - Then my vote would be to keep DST active all year.  No more planning needed.  ;D ;D ;D

I like DLST because the old guys I play golf with like to T off at daylight. I'd have up get up at 3:00 am if the time didn't change. I do think it should stay the same all year long though.

SeilerBird said:
I am retired and I could really care less what time schedule we are on . ;D

Granted. But some of us don't have that luxury. We are still working toward that goal. Not sure we'll make it, but still working.
BTW, your statement means there is room for you to "care less". Are you in the middle somewhere?
I believe you meant to say you "couldn't care less".  ;)

I hate it as I'm not a morning person. I find it harder to get my motor running in the morning. I was much happier in the morning a week ago.

Back
Top Bottom