The birth of Smoky and The Admiral's coach

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi Smoky,

I've been reading your story and looking at the pics and I must admit that I'm feeling some vicarious excitement over the new rig.

Now, the next milestone is the first short, test trip at the end of which I hope you'll be able to report that the long check list was nothing more than insurance.

Ciao,

Doug

Smokey,

Thanks for the "tour."  I had to laugh when I opened the picture entitled "The Throne."  I was expecting to see the toilet.

You may find  that discussions around campfires of RVers often turns quickly to the subject of black water tanks.  I guess my thinking has been warped by campfire talk. 
What a ride!

Betty Brewer

Looks like it is going to be a great rig, Smoky. It's really neat that you got to see it under construction.  We look forward to seeing the finished product one of these days!  [And I bet you & The Admiral do too!!!]

Betty Brewer said:
Smokey,
Thanks for the "tour."? I had to laugh when I opened the picture entitled "The Throne."? I was expecting to see the toilet.
Betty Brewer

Great minds think alike. So was I.  ;D

Howdy, Smokey.
Thanks for the photos of the construction of your new coach. I really like the exterior paint job. Very elegant.  :D  :D

Regards,
Liz

Smoky,

>>Hopefully you can coach me on that also in July<<

We will be gone tot he Newmar Rally and visiting in OR and WA from about June 15 through July 5 or 6.  Then we will be home till we leave for the MT Big Sky Newmar Rally in Red Lodge about August 3 to 10.

Inbetween or after should be OK and you can park in the drive.  BG

Jim

I know I asked where you live before but I am overlioaded with info atm.

My current plan is to enter Montana mid to late July with a stop In Lewistown to visit Ron, then Chester to visit my mother-in-law, then Kalispell to claim my new official domicile.  Where within those trip legs would your location best fit?

Smoky,

>>Where within those trip legs would your location best fit?<<

Nowhere without a lot of back tracking.? We are about 100 miles west of Billings and thus you would have that to back track as well as going north to Lewistown.? You would not have to go back to Billings but the distance is still there as you head east, north and east again to get to Ron's.? It would bae about? 200 miles extra driving.? :-((? It is even worse from either Chester or Kalispell.

Jim

Wow! Your coach is identical to mine, same color and model, except for the specials. I also have the combination computer desk and dinette option plus 2000W inverter and two extra coach batteries.

I am really excited at seeing the factory photos and curious as to how everything works out for you as time goes by. Maybe we can compare notes sometimes down the road. I am also looking at how to get a recliner, after the fact. Thought I just might buy one of those modern looking Euro recliners and just lay it on the usless passenger side sofa while traveling.

Question, does your genset slide out? Mine is fixed in place and I am concerned about routine maintenance.

And you said it might smack of home movies ! Having never been on a manufacturers tour, other than videos, I thought it was really interestiing.

Got anymore phots ?

Vigibill:

The recliners we got are Flexsteel and have the handle on the side that brings up the footrest.  With the footrest retracted it is a rocking chair.  With the footrest out, you can adjust the recliner position simply by leaning back or leaning forward and somehow it holds that position.  The most comfortable recliner I have ever owned.

I was surprised to learn that my ac outlets do not work from the inverter unless I fire up the genset, in which case they are likely operating directly off the genset.  I am beginning to wonder what the 2k inverter actually does???

El J, I do have more pics.  Just need time to get them uploaded.  Hope to do that soon.

Smoky said:
my ac outlets do not work from the inverter

Is that true of all your ac outlets? On our coach, some are wired to the inverter and others are not e.g. the only outlets on the driver's side wired to the inverter are the duplex feeding the refridgerator. When we're boondocking I have to run an extension cord from the other side of the coach. Looking at the schematics, that's the way Monaco designed it.

Back
Top Bottom