Jump from pop-up to trailer items question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angry_mammoth

Hello all. We are making the move this year from a pop up camper to a hard walled one. The popup was basic with just heat and a fridge. The new camper has a bath and kitchen. I have all the supplies from the other camper so I'm pretty well stocked. But I'm curious if there's things I may need to buy that I would need on the new that I didn't on the popup. Like a sewer hose and things. Any recommendations would be helpful along with any brand preference.

Thanks for the help

You're right - you probably already have 95% of everything you need. I think the best advice is to camp out in your driveway for a couple of days, and see if you actually "need" anything else. You probably didn't use a surge protector or water pressure regulator with your pop-up, and those are two items I always use when we're hooked up to power and water, so you might want to look at those.

Congratulations on your new trailer, and let us know if you have any questions.

Kev

Thanks. It's there surge protector you would recommend? Also it's there preferred waste tank hose?

made a similar move myself, a couple years ago, except to a class C from a pup

the dealer through in a cheap sewer hose like this one, and I'm still using it.
http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/ez-coupler-bayonet-sewer-kit-20/27864
I bought i additional segment I think the same length, but have only used it maybe once.  94.8% of the time I get by with one segments (like most numbers on the internet, that one was made up on the spot  :eek:)
there are better ones, but this has worked fine for a few years now....

if your pup had a sink you'll probably already have a potable water hose, if not you'll need one of those.  Don't use a regular garden hose.

Beyond that don't go hog wild getting stuff.  take a notebook along on the first trip or two for notes, and head to walmart as you think of stuff you need.  Shouldn't be much....

oh my one suggestion is  power adapters....commonly called "dog bone" connectors.... a short piece of extention cord wire with connectors on each end
Mine is a 30 amp service, so I use the 30 Amp to 50 amp one quite a lot....
http://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/camco-50m-30f-amp-18-in-dogbone-adapter-with-powergrip-handles-1060486?cm_mmc=feed-_-GoogleShopping-_-Product-_-1060486&gclid=Cj0KEQjwhpnGBRDKpY-My9rdutABEiQAWNcslCsz4AX1N4jBuDwYaVEJEWMOoFSrWauqgwpVJC2bt2EaAvKh8P8HAQ
the 30 amp outlets in CG's are used hard and sometimes you'll come across some that are worn out or damaged....  also use a 30 amp to 20 amp to plug into a regular outlet at my house....

Thanks. Yes I have the water hose and pressure regulator already.

Should I get one of those accordion things the sewer hose sits on? Or is that not needed.

And I'll take a look at the adapter.

One thing we got that works pretty well,if you don't have one,is one of those roll up mats for outside. Seems that people go in and out a full size trailer way more than a tent or pop up and tend to carry more grass and stuff inside, particularly when we have kids with us. It sure seems to help keep the inside cleaner.

Angry_mammoth said:
Thanks. It's there surge protector you would recommend? Also it's there preferred waste tank hose?

Get  a surge protector from Progressive Industries. If you should ever get a power surge and the protector fries, they will replace it. This is the portable one and they also have them that you can hardwire them directly to the power cord.
https://www.amazon.com/Progressive-Industries-EMS-PT30C-Portable-Protector/dp/B003AL23TC

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opal6502
Back
Top Bottom