Which supplemental brake system

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

richmondc7

I am trying to determine if Brake Buddy Advantage for Brake Buddy Stealth will work better for me. The Advantage is traditional but updated. The Stealth system is left in place and is quicker and easier to connect. The toad is a 2017 Chevy Sonic hatchback manual trans. Any experiences with either system would be helpful

Between those two I will recommend the stealth. here is why

For this post I will divide brake systems into two classes.. Installed once, and "No installation needed" Meaning you install it EVERY TIME YOU TOW (yes, they lie)

With the traditional Brake Buddy there is a big box that sits in front of the driver's seat and presses the pedal.. When you tow you have to install it and hook it up, and then when you unhook and drive you got to find somewhere for it where it won't grow legs and walk off.

Now if you have a "Stable" of towed's  One system works in all of 'em.. So it might not be a bad idea.

But if you have only one towed like most of us..  It is far too tempting, in the event of a short tow (Say to dealer) to say "Oh, it's too much work, I'll just forget it for this short tow" And regret later.

And EVERY time you install it  (Every time you tow) is a chance to scew it up

Where as with the installed (Stealth) system

A couple seconds and you are good to tow..  Way easier to "Hook UP" and Unhook..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom