EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products PO Box Zone
Over The Network Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Sedona, Az RV parks suggestions  (Read 953 times)

clockdrfla

• ---
Sedona, Az RV parks suggestions
« on: March 13, 2017, 08:24:12 PM »
Any tips on RV parks in Sedona area?  Plan to be there for approx 1 month.  Thanks

Peteyboy

• ---
Re: Sedona, Az RV parks suggestions
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2017, 09:08:18 PM »
Try Zane Grey, near Camp Verde, nice park with LEVEL sites.
Pete & Sandy
2015 Itasca Suncruiser 37F
11 CRV

Alaskansnowbirds

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2017, 11:46:35 PM »
Dead Horse Ranch State Park in Cottonwood would be a lot closer to Sedona. Very nice park.
Don & Peg
Alaska/Arizona
Currently located here.
Weather at Camp Verde, AZ.

Sun2Retire

• Photo moderator
  • ---
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2017, 09:17:28 AM »
Dead Horse Ranch State Park in Cottonwood would be a lot closer to Sedona. Very nice park.

X2.  Stayed there last year and will be returning.
Scott
2005 Newmar Dutch Star 3810, Spartan, Cat C7 350 "OURVEE"
Eezrv TPMS, VMSpc, 800W Solar
2002 Dodge RAM 1500 Quad Cab "RTOAD"
Stowmaster towbar & Brakemaster

Ken & Sheila

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • Smokey 3
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2017, 12:16:56 PM »

Always our choice when were in the area. Nice Park.
Ken & Sheila
2009 Monaco Camelot 42 PDQ
2008 Jeep Liberty, 2006 Saturn Vue
Fur-ball kids: Ariel and Mia

Gizmo

• ---
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2017, 04:13:27 PM »
If you want to be in Sedona a very nice, albeit a bit pricey but great location and nice park is Rancho Sedona.  If being in Sedona is not as important to you, I can also recommend Deadhorse Ranch State Park in Cottonwood.  Another nice park to consider is Lo Lo Mai in Cornville, AZ.  Lo Lo Mai is very appealing to those who want a more rustic, secluded kind of experience but with hook-ups.  It is a beautiful location and easy drive to Sedona.
Regards, Bruce, Lin An, Kenji & Suki
2017 Eagle Cap 1165 Truck Camper With Tork Lift Fast Gun Tie Downs & T.L. Wobble Stoppers
2015 Ram Big Horn 3500 CC Cummins TD Dually 3:73 Gears & AISIN Tranny
Gone But not forgotten:
2014 Northwoods Snow River 246RKS &
2013 Aliner Expedition

larrypowellnc

• ---
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2017, 04:18:45 PM »
We stayed at the Rancho Sedona RV Park 4 years ago while on a cross country road trip.  Beautiful park and very convenient to Sedona.  We liked it so much we came close to cancelling the rest of our trip and just stay there.  It is a little tight but we had no problem with our 25' class C and toad.  Happy RVing everyone. 

dblocker

• ---
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2017, 09:32:48 PM »
distant drums in camp verde is nice.  maybe 15 miles from Sedona.

Trivet

• ---
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2017, 01:23:47 PM »
Come on!  The OP specified a 1-month stay.  Dead Horse Ranch State Park has a 14-day limit in any 30-day period.

clockdrfla

• ---
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2017, 03:11:21 PM »
I have been checking availability around Sedona area.  Am having a hard time finding a vacancy.  Unreal.

Trivet

• ---
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2017, 05:08:49 PM »
I was told that for spring break in Arizona, they stagger it so it's not like some places where everybody goes on spring break at once.  I don't know when you're planning to be there, but that might explain the crowding.

Gizmo

• ---
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2017, 09:26:45 AM »
The good news is Sedona is a beautiful & wonderful place with lots to do and see.  The bad news is it makes it a very popular destination and this time of year is prime season for Sedona, as the temps are perfect, as such it is not uncommon to have difficulty in making reservations, especially Rancho Sedona because it is the only RV park within Sedona.  We just came back from Rancho Sedona and made our reservation last year for one of the spots we favor, the other spots were already reserved ahead of us.
2017 Eagle Cap 1165 Truck Camper With Tork Lift Fast Gun Tie Downs & T.L. Wobble Stoppers
Gone But not forgotten:
2013 Aliner Expedition

Dooger54

• ---
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2017, 09:26:51 AM »
As others have said, you are going to have a tough time finding availability this time of year.  Dead Horse is pretty much booked up, I've been watching it for a month or so.  You are probably going to be stuck with a private campground.  Use rvparkreviews.com.
Doug & Jenell
Central IL (summer)
Tucson AZ ( winter)
2017 Coachmen Freedom Express 254DSX
2016 F150 Ecoboost Lariat Supercrew

Dragginourbedaround

• ---
  • I look out the window and see trees, I'm camping
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2017, 09:15:22 PM »
Following.
Gene

2013 Winnebago Adventurer 37F
2011 Honda Fit

tarheelgrad98

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2017, 01:18:09 AM »
We were just in Sedona for a couple of days last week during Spring Break--I felt lucky that we snagged two nights mid-week (I booked in January and got one of the last spots). When we checked out, I tried to book a return visit and they didn't have anything for more than 2 nights that would accommodate our 36' TT until late September.

But honestly, that was OK with us because we really didn't like Rancho Sedona. We found the staff at RS unfriendly and the rules just over-the-top. You have to be *inside* your rig at 10 PM, and Sedona is so great for stargazing...I felt like a kid with a curfew, and all I really wanted to do was sit out under the stars.

We're going back to Sedona in late June and found availability at Distant Drums. I am looking forward to trying it out--it gets good reviews on RVParkReviews.com. So you might see if they have something! Good luck!
~Anna

2016 Keystone Outback 298RE
2017 Ford F-250 Lariat Crew Cab

Gizmo

• ---
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2017, 09:02:36 AM »
We were just in Sedona for a couple of days last week during Spring Break--I felt lucky that we snagged two nights mid-week (I booked in January and got one of the last spots). When we checked out, I tried to book a return visit and they didn't have anything for more than 2 nights that would accommodate our 36' TT until late September.

But honestly, that was OK with us because we really didn't like Rancho Sedona. We found the staff at RS unfriendly and the rules just over-the-top. You have to be *inside* your rig at 10 PM, and Sedona is so great for stargazing...I felt like a kid with a curfew, and all I really wanted to do was sit out under the stars.

We're going back to Sedona in late June and found availability at Distant Drums. I am looking forward to trying it out--it gets good reviews on RVParkReviews.com. So you might see if they have something! Good luck!

Distant Drums is a nice park and worth checking out, but not as nice a setting as Rancho Sedona.  LOL on all the rules at RS, it is almost comical to read the list of rules, my wife and I were joking on our last stay there, tell us what we can do.  Having said that over the several times we have been there it does not seem the rules are strictly enforced.  You are not supposed to wash your vehicles (typical in most parks), but I have seen a couple of  people doing just that on occasion, I have seen people out and about, including ourselves after 10:00AM and I have seen outside lights on after 10:00PM, according to the rule you are not supposed to do.  This rule and some of the others are guided by the town of Sedona, but still it seems enforcement is lax if not  non existent.  We have gone to RS several times and "the rules" have not impacted our enjoyment and time there.

Gone But not forgotten:
2013 Aliner Expedition

clockdrfla

• ---
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2017, 10:50:23 PM »
Located a site at Orchard Ranch Resort for 7 days.  Will keep checking around as I would like to stay for a month.
 Thanks everyone for your input.

Hosted by Over The Network