MH makeover...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The 1991 decor didn't please the wife so we decided to start over.
The new/used flexsteel couch is powered and a queen from a 03' that has an ottoman that pops out and a center arm rest with cup holders and storage.(craigslist $100) ;D The carpet is the nicer indoor/outdoor from home depot and cost $100. We figure we can get all this done for $500 to $600.

Before and after shots...

the valances and trim will be done soon with a creme colored "leather" to get rid of the blue velour :p

Does anyone have a line on booth/dinette cushions? i saw a few on ebay and a couple other rv suppliers but they weren't what we are looking for.  something that can be wiped down...or some durable cloth that can be cleaned without discoloring...
thanks

Looks nice - and it gives me an idea. Sometime soon I might tackle that "update" issue on a modest scale. Our couch is a bit stained and hasn't cleaned up real well - so I guess they are replaceable!!! Maybe I should start watching craigslist myself!!!

Danny
Poulsbo WA

Nice job!

Try RV Salvage & Surplus in Elkhart, IN for a dinette. Might be able to get a whole new one for a reasonable price.

We had the cushions in our 02 Dolphin recovered in a nice grade of leatherette (vinyl). The top quality upholstery grade stuff is expensive per yard but cleans easily and is not hot to sit on like the cheaper stuff. Coast us about $300 to recover the removable cushions and backs, but that was a small shop that did not charge top dollar for labor (sewing).

How about stopping by an upholstery shop and see what they would charge to cover your present ones in all vinyl.  years ago when being part owner in an upholstery shop, we did several a year.  They are no problem to do, just like boat seat.

Duh! Of course - recover!!! That way we don't have to try to find a couch to fit the interior ... we make the COUCH fit the interior that's there. Sometimes the most obvious answers are ... well, pretty obvious.

Thanks, guys.

Danny
Poulsbo WA

When I recovered our couch the whole thing came apart and was very easy to do.  I also recovered the window trim in the living and kitchen area to match the couch.  Pulling the staples was hard on the hands but the couch arms and window trim was the only place that there were staples.  If we would have had done it would have cost over a thousand dollars but it was less than $500 for me to do it.  I used the old pieces as a pattern which meant taking everything apart.

I recovered the bedroom window treatments.  I plan to take the front valances apart so I can change the blue parts to maroon.

now the bedroom carpet is in. the wife almost has the dinette cushions recovered and will start on the trim/ valances tommorow. we dont have much time left to finish it. our first trip is april 18-20. ;D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom