EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products PO Box Zone
Over The Network Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Wireless back-up camera  (Read 380 times)

1doxiegirl

Wireless back-up camera
« on: March 14, 2017, 09:04:03 PM »
We have just purchased our first 5th wheel. It comes with a back-up camera prep for wireless.  Any suggestions for a good camera with night vision?  Plan on installing ourselves.  Any helpful hints with installation would be great. Thank you!!
Sam, Claudia and Lucy (dachshund)
2010 Ram 2500 Mega cab 6.7L turbo diesel 4x4
2017 Forest River Flagstaff 527 RLWS 5th wheel

azwinne

• ---
Re: Wireless back-up camera
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2017, 09:20:12 PM »
Well I just ordered a system today from Tadi brothers. I should have it in a few days and will get it installed  soon. They are from Southern CA so I should have it soon.
I am getting a two camera system for the rear, one to see toad hookup and one for seeing further behind.
They are www.tadibrothers.com

Tom
2006 Winnebago 31C
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Retired industrial/commercial electrician
WN7E

RV_Fan86

• ---
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2017, 10:10:28 AM »
I would recommend rear view safety. they have lots of wireless options

https://www.rearviewsafety.com/safety-solutions/backup-camera-systems/wireless-backup-camera-systems.html

RVRAC

• ---
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2017, 01:29:53 PM »
I recommend the Voyager, which is the one we have. 
2017 Leprechaun 311 FS
Toad: 2016 Jeep Patriot
American Dolly
Home: WI
Snowbird 6 months/yr.

Isaac-1

• ---
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2017, 01:42:19 PM »
This is a question of what is good enough, there are a number of cheap wireless camera systems for sale on Ebay starting around $50, are they as good as the $350 models, probably not, are the good enough to back into a camping space, yeah, although you might want to splurge for the $85-$100 version.     I have one of the $60 (this one on ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/7-TFT-LCD-Monitor-Truck-Bus-RV-Wireless-Backup-Camera-Kit-NightVision-Rear-View-/112274429743?hash=item1a2413d72f:g:r-gAAOSwbYZXcJhP ) which was installed by the previous owner on my Class A motorhome, the bad side is the color accuracy is awful, think one of those colorized black and white movies on TBS from 25 years ago, the image clarity is only so-so and there will be occasional brief analog looking image glitches / static, but it works to keep from running into a tree and is only $60
2002 Safari Trek 2830

GT928

• ---
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2017, 06:12:49 PM »
I just received an EsiCam wireless backup camera. I haven't actually tried it yet on the road, but have tried it stationary to see if the wireless worked with my setup. It was easy to hookup and the image was all I hoped for. I will give it a real test in a week or so. The image is sent to my iPhone. I did a lot of research and so far it seems to be as advertised. I actually mounted my camera inside since I have a rear facing window. The TT is 29' and the signal comes in perfectly. I will post further impressions after I have a chance to take it on the road.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0188CGMWG/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hosted by Over The Network