Water fixtures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GARYJ

I searched the web looking for opinions on rv's water fixtures. Original ones are low quality, plastic, flimsy ones, some say that weight is a factor to consider, is it really? Weight? Luxury fans weight more and nobody seems to care. Bike racks and bikes, weigh a lot more, and people dond mention any of that.
I think I can change the kitchen and lavatory fixtures for regular, quality house ones. If there is a really good reason for not doing so, please tell me. Regards to all

Go for the quality ones. The biggest downside I can think of is that the connecting fittings for the water lines may not match up, but a adapter would take care of that easily.  I just replaced a shower faucet in a destination trailer on my property.  Yep, it plastic and cheap. It looks like brushed chrome so it looks nice, but is just cheap plastic.  It was about $20 on Amazon.

No reason at all. Luxury class coaches & trailers typically come with top quality Moen, Delta, etc. brand fixtures that are the same as used in residences.

It's not about weight and all about cost.

I recently replaced both bathroom and kitchen faucets with Delta household models bought at local hardware suppliers. Not cheap but, I think, worthwhile.

I replaced my water faucets. Heaven on earth!

My galley faucet is retractable with optional spray. Oddly it is metal on the inside and a high tech plastic on the outside. It looks like chrome but it never corrodes. Just wipe down and it looks polished. Recently my friends were so impressed with it, they bought the identical model for their RV to replace their corroded faucet. I paid about $70 for it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002NWXVJU/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&psc=1&linkCode=ll1&tag=recreationalvehicles-20&linkId=7133103104e8d3c7e9e9576e7784f575

In the bathroom I went with this bar faucet, it fit the tiny holes by tiny oval sink. I wanted the higher bar faucet to make it easier to wash my hands. Also I wanted some wiggle room for my quick-connect washing machine that hooks to the bathroom sink as needed. It was about $30

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0090X9IJC/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&psc=1&linkCode=ll1&tag=recreationalvehicles-20&linkId=64b1e51bc5f9e77e854f14a7e82efa53

I still have the old shower faucet installed, but I did replace the shower with Oxygenics which boosts the pressure. I get an awesome shower from that.  ;D

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=as_li_ss_tl?url=search-alias=tools&field-keywords=oxygenics&linkCode=ll2&tag=recreationalvehicles-20&linkId=f811944d8f78f56d15315de21d87b3de

Attachments

• CleanFlo Single Handle Kitchen Faucet_Picture.jpg
    CleanFlo Single Handle Kitchen Faucet_Picture.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 3
  • bar faucet for bathroom_Picture.jpg
    bar faucet for bathroom_Picture.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 3
The cheap plastic ones that come with the RV usually end up squeaking every time you turn them on and shut off...very annoying! Replaced ours with residential ones and it was a simple quick fix, in my case there was no need to change any fittings or water supplies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom