we did it

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SMR

we decided to go full time about 2 years ago, we finally did it this past June (I know I'm behind in letting everyone know) we put the house up and it sold in less than 24 hours. we then had 30 days to get rid of all the stuff- that was the best part. LOL very freeing.
we spent a few months in the Elkhart area and then the UP, Arkansas, Florida and the past 45 days in Louisiana.

we are really enjoying it, some much better than being stuck in the snow. we both still work- have internet will travel.

I even did a month work camping at a state park in Florida - it worked out so well we are going back next year

we head out of LA on the 7th of April and will work our way back to Arkansas to visit family, then who knows after that.

thanks for "listening"

What part of Arkansas?  We're stuck here, parked next to the shop of my s&b in Mountain View until my wife gets her shoulder replaced next week.

thanks for the replies- we are enjoying it. fun to walk around and meet all the other "campers"
we will be in the Maumelle area for about a month. my MIL has a 30 amp plug. we can dump grey water but have to eave every 10 days to dump the black. we go to the downtown little rock rv park or to Petite Jean for a few nights.

We're like 100 miles north of you.  I'm living in the RV, on my property until it sells.  I usually go to Devil's Fork on Greer's Ferry Lake to dump.
Have you tried the Maumelle COE park?  My bro-in-law stay there when they have to be in town for medical stuff.  Here's a link to a review:  http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php/topic,62813.0.html

we have checked out the COE and would like to stay there- we had planned on it last year except the weather was rainy that weekend so we just did quick dump at the downtown riverside park and went back to my MIL's.  I hear it is beautiful in Mountain View

It is nice.  We've been here 23 years, though and it's time to move on.  Been in this house 20 years and it's the longest I've lived in one place in my life.  We're both getting itchy feet and the 5 months back in Arizona last summer didn't help matters.  ;D

We'll be moving the RV to Batesville on Monday, in prep for my wife's shoulder surgery Tuesday.  About 6 weeks for recovery and we're on the road west again.

Back
Top Bottom