Going RV show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wireman134

I have a issue with this show. I like the idea but it seems to be a ad for the RV industry. Most of the time there showing people wanting all the bells and whistles that add lots of weight to a trailer with no consideration of overloading the tow vehicle. Most every show pushes the limit like a 1/2 ton SB PU pulling a 34' 7.500lb UTW  TT airing yesterday. I was at the RV show last month and dealers were advertising big signs saying "Tow able 1/2 ton", "Tow able SUV". Last fall seen many ill equipped tow vehicles. Main stand out was a newer Toyota FJ towing a 28' 6,500lb TT. Just waiting for NTSB to step in now with all the ongoing "Full timing" rage... Any thoughts?

You are very correct.  The RV folks just want to sell units and really do not care about your safety or satisfaction once the check clears the bank.  While they are correct about your ability to tow the EMPTY camper home and be within weight limits, if the whole family comes with you, their weight may push you over the limit - and you have not loaded it for camping yet!!  As long as your check clears, they really do not care!

I have noticed the same thing on a few TV shows, but only when they feature towables!? ???

Ask them to put that in black and white on a dealership letterhead and have them sign it along with the Sales Manager. See what they say then.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom