Ukulele Revival II concert

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
The Delta Strummers present their Ukulele Revival II concert at El Campanil Theatre in Antioch, CA on May 21. See here for more details. This refurbished Vaudeville-era theatre is a great venue for audiences and performers alike.

On a personal note, we leave on our summer RV sojourn after the concert. Meanwhile, I'm rehearsing weekly with the band.

No plans to play in Florida. We don't tour, and play essentially local venues.

With just 7 rehearsals remaining before show time, our Music Director is homing in on the final playlist and also focusing on numbers where we're a bit rough around the edges. I caught myself playing a few 'wrong' chords at this week' s rehearsal, thanks to having repeatedly played a couple of our 'uke numbers' on guitar. Muscle memory has a way of messing with you when you change instruments.

El Campanil Theatre has us in their 'Coming Attractions'; We're in distinguished company with The Four Aces, William Florian (previously of the New Christy Minstrels), and the James Taylor Tribute Band:

https://app.arts-people.com/index.php?ticketing=ect

With all the spots on us, when the house lights go down, we can't see the audience; We're looking out at a sea of black, and we have to rely on audible feedback. In a fully lit venue, we see how the audience responds to our performance, and I get a lump in my throat when I see audience members crying during my closing patriotic solo. The only feedback I get in this venue is to see feint 'shadows' of folks standing and holding their hearts.

We ran a 'full show' rehearsal last evening. 45 of the 49 performers showed up; A few are on vacation, and our guest bass player couldn't make it. The guest MC showed up and, as usual, did a great job; He's a semi-pro performer with his own Sinatra show, sings in a large chorus, and plays drums with other groups, so he has great stage presence.

Attachments

• band photo-1-web.jpg
    band photo-1-web.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 8
Joined the Maestro meeting with the theatre sound techs today. They were walked through the show step-by-step, and given detailed requirements for hot leads, mic's, monitors, lighting, etc. Also checked out camera angles for Chris to video the show. All that's left is for everyone to turn up and perform.

Attachments

• Marquee1b.jpg
    Marquee1b.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 5
  • Marquee2b.jpg
    Marquee2b.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 5
  • Sound_techs3b.jpg
    Sound_techs3b.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 9
  • Sound_techs2b.jpg
    Sound_techs2b.jpg