Curt A16 5th wheel hitch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WFD

Wondering if anyone has any experience with the Curt A16 5th wheel hitch. I know it replaced the former Q16 with some slight improvements. I am looking at the non slider version and already have the rails installed in the truck.  I previously had a Reese 16k slider but sold it because I have no need for the slider as I have a Reese Sidewinder kingpin, and wanted to move away from the slider set up as it takes up too much space in the box.

You may never need its capabilities but buy the Q20 the bushing and pivots are much superior to the 16 and its only a $100 more or so you wont regret it i use a Q20 and so do the pros that move the units from the factory to the dealerships

Oh wow...my hitch guy quoted me $300 more for the 20, but may still be worth it! I also seem to recall him saying that using the Reese Sidewinder and custom wedge is not recommended in the Q20, but I will have to double check that, I may have misunderstood him, we covered a lot of ground that day!

You may want to check prices at other sources, Amazon, E Trailer, etc.  FW hitches are not hard to install since you already have rails!

Spoke to etrailer today and they confirmed that the Q20 is not designed to be used with a wedge and the Reese Sidewinder.

WFD said:
Spoke to etrailer today and they confirmed that the Q20 is not designed to be used with a wedge and the Reese Sidewinder.
dd

Sorry i missed the part about the side winder - get rid of it you dont need it and they are a pain to match up with a regular hitch ( they are good for extra short box trucks)

Back
Top Bottom