Just bought a 2003 Coleman Taos pop up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Prior member

Everything seems to be in good working condition, but it has some cracks in the plastic at the bottom back side near the tail light where the previous owner evidently backed into something.
Any suggestions on a fix or patch repair ?

jack L

Jack, I would try one of the popup specific forums.  I bought a fiberglass repair kit from Lowes for a problem under the "porch" of my 5er but that might not work for you or be cosmetically acceptable.

Enjoy your Taos.  I had a 1996 model and loved it.  Your easily accessible space is limited.  I found that it worked best to leave all the clothes I was not wearing in the tow vehicle and all the "stuff" I was not using at the moment.  With a small popup like the Taos stuff control is critical.  When my wife camped with me, she brought everything in the popup and we had to move everything to get to anything.

Joel

Thanks Joel
We also went from tent camping to a Taos seventeen years ago. Then rom there to a 19 foot Pioneer and then to a 25 foot pioneer and now to our brand new big Forest River (lemon)
We bought this for commuting to and from our permanent 40 footer where we snow bird and spending three or four days here and there along the way.
I don't think we'll have any storage problem, since my TV is a Dodge Ram with a cap on the back.
We'll have to pick up a small dorm refrigerator that can go in the truck while traveling.

jack L

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom