2014 Providence Sewer Connection

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JCP

I am new to the forum and I think I'm in the correct location to ask the following question.

We just took our 1st trip in our 2014 Fleetwood Providence 42P.  Everything went well except what I discovered when I tried to connect the sewer connection.  The Providence has a hose clamp connected in the wet bay for a 3" discharge line.  The discharge line is fed into a 4" pipe that is connected underneath the coach with a screw cap.  When I swung the pipe out from it's mounting (it is designed to swivel) and took the cap off I found a bare 3" hose with no connector.  I went to the store and found a screw on male bayonet adapter and did get it to screw into the hose.  I found the quality of the hose to be cheap and have no confidence in this being a long term solution.  Has anyone else run into this issue and what options do I have to make this right?

What Gary said.

I've used the CAMCO RhinoFLEX line of RV sewer hoses and connections.. Well built in quality, collapses nicely for storage, very Good, long lasting, No leak results ?

Available on Amazon.. or at most any RV parts vendors.

If changing to a manufactured product was possible, I would definitely follow your advice.    The pipe is too small to allow for pre-connectorized hose. When I figure out how to attach a picture, I will.

If I'm understanding your dilemma now (with the picture).. all you need is a sewer hose with the female end connected to the outlet.. [without] the 45* elbow, Or.. a 90* elbow.. if.. the 90*, and hose, would clear that lower opening ?

Amazon.com has just about Every RV sewer hose, connectors, pieces & parts.. known to the industry ?

Yes, but the male/female connector fittings would need to fit in the pipe.  I was hoping that another Fleetwood owner would have solved this issue in the past and would share an elegant solution. Currently, I cannot find a hose with connectors that fit and I am getting close to removing the whole contraption and replacing the floor with a normal 5" access plate.

JP

Consider splicing a 5 inch adapter to the outside end of the 4 inch pipe if it would be large enough to contain the 3 inch hose coupler. Then, buy a new 3 inch hose with couplers, cut to length and shove the cut end up the pipe and band it to the discharge pipe.

The 5 inch adapter should have a removable end cover and clearance would be needed to swivel it back under the coach.

You can buy a better grade of hose without the connectors attached, e.g. the gray Camco Super-Heavy Duty model. Walmarts usually have either that, or the slightly less robust tan-colored Heavy Duty model

http://www.camco.net/product/super-heavy-duty-rv-sewer-hose-10025/

JCP said:
Yes, but the male/female connector fittings would need to fit in the pipe.  I was hoping that another Fleetwood owner would have solved this issue in the past and would share an elegant solution. Currently, I cannot find a hose with connectors that fit and [I am getting close to removing the whole contraption and replacing the floor with a normal 5" access plate.]

JP

[Agree]

By the Picture, it looks as though a PO had done some sort of DIY modification to that floor plate access hole area. Might be your best bet to reconfigure that, to just accommodate a Standard 3" sewer hose.

And as Gary sez.. a better grade of hose would be in order ? Then using the upgraded hose as a Premise.. for where the access hole Should, of Needs to be, and be done with it ?

Thanks for the suggestions.  I am going to discuss the original configuration with Fleetwood tomorrow and then decide on a course of action.  At least life is not boring.

JP

I just purchased a 2014 Providence 42M and having the exact same problem. Did you ever get a final solution on what to do?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom