Aspect rock backsplash!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Urthworm_Life

I am very impressed with this backplash from Aspect Stone. Looks amazing! Even more so in real life.

Attachments

• Aspect.jpg
    Aspect.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 198
Thanks!! I can't wait to get a counter top figured out and the sink, faucet and stove set. Should look really nice.

Great look. I LOVED this stuff and wanted to use it but it's so expensive - $15 a sq. ft. RIP my wallet.

Looks nice. We went to an RV show about 2 weeks ago and fancy backsplashes were all the rage - in rigs of all price ranges. They really caught Kim's eye so something tells me it might be on my honey-do list this summer.  ;D

Yes this stuff Is pricey! I had to hold my breath when paying for this shopping cart full of stuff. Hahahaha
Joezeppy,
If your walls are nice and smooth I highly recommend using 3M adhesive promoter. This stuff makes things stick forever!

WOW 15$ per square foot, besides a little more weight and a little more labor, why not just use the real thing. Usually $3 to $7.00 a square foot at any home center. You ll never have to apologize for it not being real come time to sell it. No intent to offend.

Just my two cents.

Triple slide Jayco said:
WOW 15$ per square foot, besides a little more weight and a little more labor, why not just use the real thing. Usually $3 to $7.00 a square foot at any home center. You ll never have to apologize for it not being real come time to sell it. No intent to offend.

Just my two cents.

From what I understand the combination of real tile and grout are subject to easy damage from road vibrations.

I've been looking at the faux glass mosaic tiles for our coach.  Looked good in pictures, but when I looked at the actual tiles at Lowes, I was less than impressed. 
I looked at this Aspect stuff on the web after reading your post.  Does it really look as nice IRL as it does in the pics?
I'm only wanting to do 6" up from the counter so I could get by with like 5 tiles, which wouldn't be a killer.

Yes it looks great in real life. I don't think the photos do it justice. I decided to go this way rather than time and grout because I have to shave weight as much as possible.

Yeah, weight was one of my concerns, too.  We re-did the counter tops with Corian, and I was looking for something to finish it off without adding a bunch more weight. 
I also question the ability of a tile and grout job done by me to hold up on the wall of my RV without cracking or falling off(a man's got to know his limitations).  This looks like something I could do myself and be happy with the finished job.

I think you would have no problems doing it yourself. As I stated before. If you already have a smooth finish on the paneling then make sure to use 3M adhesion promoter. If the surface is not really smooth then use an additional construction adhesive like the manufacturer recommends. Good luck!!

I professionally installed tile for a number of years before the ol' knees gave up the ghost - but, for those considering grouted tile for an RV there IS flexible grout available.  For the tile itself I would simply use a stronger type mastic instead of a standard mastic and you'd be fine.  For standard grout there is even an ad-mixture available that will strengthen your grout as well as add some flexibility to it.  :))

Back
Top Bottom