Beatty, NV to Panaca, NV via exterrestrial highway

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

henkelphoto

Hi guys!

As mentioned above, I'm wondering about going north from Beatty to Tonopah and then east to Panaca via HWY 6 then HWY 395 through Rachel to Panaca.  I see on the Rachel website that the gas station there is closed and my truck (Ram 1500) only has a 26 gal tank. Looks like it is about 160 miles from one station to the next. On flat ground that's about 16 gallons for me, so how much up and down is there on this route? Do I need to be concerned about my tank running really low?

Do you mean NV Hwy 375 east and hwy 395 is a typo?

Hwy 395 is further west in CA.

At any rate, from Tonopah NV to Caliente NV is 192 miles.
Caliente is just south of Panaca NV on the Great Basin Hwy 93 and has fuel.

Obviously, if you find a station with gas before Caliente......do it.
A 5 gallon jug of gas in your truck bed might be worthwhile.

The terrain is up one low mountain range and down the other side.
Vast, barren and with few services save for Alien jerky joints.

henkelphoto said:
Hi guys!

As mentioned above, I'm wondering about going north from Beatty to Tonopah and then east to Panaca via HWY 6 then HWY 395 through Rachel to Panaca.  I see on the Rachel website that the gas station there is closed and my truck (Ram 1500) only has a 26 gal tank. Looks like it is about 160 miles from one station to the next. On flat ground that's about 16 gallons for me, so how much up and down is there on this route? Do I need to be concerned about my tank running really low?
Sometimes they have gasoline in Rachel but in large containers, not at the closed gas station. But it's not consistent and the amount they have can vary. The only way you can know for sure if they will have gasoline when you get there is to give them a call. Ask at the store, see here for phone number and other info.

But since you have a Dodge Ram truck (BTW, so do I) , why not just carry a couple of containers of gasoline in the back?

-Don-  Auburn, CA

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom