How to change the volume on the surround sound

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rocknron

I just bought a winnebago adventurer,I removed the 2 tv's front and rear,I put a 32 inch flat screen in the front ,When i turn the tv on and the switch over the passenger seat to tv,it is very loud,Anybody have any idea how to turn it down,I have the tv all the way down and even put it on mute but the volume is still at full blast. Any idea if there is a volume switch anywhere,Thanks

It would help if you would add the year/model to your description as equipment varied over the years, as well as more info on how you cabled up the new TV. 

In general, many configs used a fixed-volume surround sound system that depended on the TV to regulate the sound volume.  There was no volume control for the surround sound amp.

There are a couple way to fix this, depending on your system.  I'm assuming you have plugged into the "audio out" on your TV?  If so, see if your TV allows (in the setup screens) to change the audio out from "fixed" to "variable".  Some do, some don't.  If you don't have that, you can try plugging into the headphone jack instead of the "audio out" if you have one on your TV.  This will usually disable the TV speakers but let you control the volume to the surround sound.

If both fail, you are looking at a more complex solution of directly tapping into the TV speakers.  There are several threads on how to do this.

Hope this helps, am just guessing at your config.

What year Adventurer? Does it have a DVD player or home theater box? If it does, you can probably control the volume from the remote for the DVD or home theater box.

Thanks for the replies,I figured it out,The tv I have has a fixed and variable output,It was on fixed,You can operate it through your phone,The wife came out went into menu on her phone and changed it to variable everything is working great,Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom