Rout 89A to Sedona

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Some pretty tight hairpins on a few steep hills. We left the coach and took the car. Glad we did. We came from the south. It wasnt bad getting to Sedona, but from Sedona to Flagstaff has some pretty tight spots. I wouldnt recommend it.

wincom6 said:
Can I take my 40? motorhome with tow car on route 89A from Flagstaff to Sedona? I?m sure it will be very scenic and I don?t want to miss it.

NO, NO.

If you're coming from Flag there is a stop at the top where the Indians sell jewelry. There is a parking lot there where you could leave your MH and take your toad down the canyon.

I would NOT take a 40' MH with toad down Oak Creek Canyon.

Alaskansnowbirds said:
NO, NO.

If you're coming from Flag there is a stop at the top where the Indians sell jewelry. There is a parking lot there where you could leave your MH and take your toad down the canyon.

I would NOT take a 40' MH with toad down Oak Creek Canyon.
xxxx2

Definitely not, that road while beautiful has very tight turns.  Frankly the only time I have enjoyed riding it was when I had my motorcycle. 

If the weather is favorable, go to flagstaff. From there you are central to the grand canyon and sedona. We stayed north of pheonix  at the Black Canyon rv resort. It was a bit of a long day to drive up to the grand canyon but to Sedona from there was only just over an hour or so. We went in February and we didnt want to chance  a snowstorm stranding us up in Flagstaff.

Back
Top Bottom