Warranty Experts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Johnstons

Has anyone recently had a challenge with their RV Shield warranty contract not being entered?  I purchased the warranty from Warranty Expects last fall and recently found that they did not pay a claim I submitted. Warranty Experts explained it was because a "Master Agent" with RV Shield has not entered several contracts into RV Shields system.  Has anyone else experienced a similar problem with them?  I am not sure what steps I am going to take or really can take at this time.  I am simply wondering how widespread this problem may be.  Thank Jeff    ???

Yours is not the first report of problems with warranties sold by Warranty Experts.  They have also failed to respond to several requests I have made recently for a quote on a new warranty to replace our expiring contract next month.  As a result, I can no longer recommend Warranty Experts as a source for extended warranties.  In the past, they gave excellent service and offered good policies but this is no longer true.

I'm sure you'll hear from another of our members here (and good friends of ours) that had a similar problem with WE that still isn't resolved.

I'm going to step into this one, and maybe get my nose bloodied. "Fools walk in where angels fear to tread."

This issue has come up on this board, several times - quite a few times - . I would suggest that you do a search, here, for "Warranty Experts." Check out the comments and measure your caution by that. I don't have a solution as to what to do, then.

I will be looking for a policy in a year or two. One of the considerations will be the reports that I have read in this forum. Someone at Warranty Experts is slipping on the job. Why these reports keep showing up is open to speculation. Carelessness - ineptitude - lazyness - or something else - they are in business and like all businesses, gain or suffer from "the word on the street," as to service and reliability. Reports here, are part of "the word on the street."

Perhaps, someone here has a different opinion. I'd be happy to read it.

Ray D  :-\

Yep we had a bad experience with WE.  As much as I hate the thought of getting lawyers involved maybe it is time to think seriously about possible class action.

Wow!  Class action?  This problem must be more wide spread then I imagined.  I am going to do some homework.  I know that Warranty Experts are the broker.  I have talked with a representative with them named David who said he is their manager.  He indicated that it is not a Warranty Expert's problem but RV Shield's.  I am going to contact the department of insurance where these companies base their home offices and file a formal complaint.  David shared with me that his company is going to take legal action against RV Shield within 30 days if they have not inputed the contracts at that time.  Something smells bad here. 
I believe that Warranty Experts can save their reputation if they take the correct action now.  However, if they continue to delay their customers their hope of salvaging their reputation will quickly diminish.  I welcome anyone who can offer me Warranty Experts or RV Shield contact names and information.  Thanks so much for following up with me in this thread. 
Thanks Jeff

Jeff,

I am not going to repost all the problems I had with WE and others in the chainl, but if you will email me I will send it to you direct.  If you do not live in TX you can forget about the TX Dept of Insurance as they will not help you.  The Attorney Generals office will not even respond to a complaint.  I wondered whose side they were on.

We have been covered with a WE brokered extended warranty for the last 5 years and have been quite pleased with the service. However, our policy expires this year and, after reading all of the problems others have had with WE, would like to check out some other brokers for our renewal. Any recommendation ??? ???

Bernie,

I purchased my policy Aug 13, 2006 and it became usuable  as the policy I purchased on March 19, 2007, however, the effective date still remains Aug 13, 2006.    All the problem was not with WE but I believe it was their SH---- attitude and inaction which prevented it from being straightened out a long time ago.  If I had to do it over again I would probably investigate Good Sam or one of the nationally recognized sellers.  But that is probably no guarantee either.

I have been having trouble finding alternative quotes on extended warranties.  Warranty Direct doesn't write for motorhomes.  However, I just got a mailing from a company called Dealer Services but haven't called them yet.

I found their web site and sent an email asking for a quote.  They replied that they didn't directly market service contracts and that my previous policy with them had expired in 2004 and renewal was not available.  Since I had never had a policy with them and they solicited my business, I thought this was rather strange.  I told them so in a reply email but don't expect to hear anything back from them.

I may still call them and see what happens then.

Back
Top Bottom