2017 Winnebago Grand National Rally 7/17 - 7/22

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

John Canfield

Site Team
Mark your calendars for the 2017 Winnebago Grand National Rally, July 17 Monday through July 22 Saturday. If you've never been to one, you are missing out on fun, entertainment, and extremely helpful seminars. Usually there's various vendors there making 'house calls' to fix or install various things.

Pretty sure we can make this one, I was afraid it was going to interfere with the EAA AirVenture in Oshkosh, WI (July 24-30) so we can make both events  :D.

We Just bought a new Journey 36m so this will be our first rally.  How do we schedule Winnebago service work while at the rally

Winnebago stops making service appointments about three weeks or so before the rally. What we do is arrive at least seven days early (we stay at a nice campground in Clear Lake) and immediately head to the service/parts building to sign up on the service list. Service is first come, first serve for a maximum of seven items.  If you know you are going to need a particular part (awning, slide topper, control boxes, slide or jack hardware, etc.) call them three weeks ahead of time so they can have the part in hand when you are in for service.  Last time we were at the GNR and getting service, we had to wait three or four days for an HWH control box (HWH won't let Winnebago stock their parts.)

Another reason to get service done either before or after the GNR is you don't want to be leaving the tightly packed gaggle of motorhomes when the rally starts.

Roger that. We will be there with Fantasy Tours so we have a designated spot, power and dinner every evening.  It's something I've always wanted to attend.

John Canfield said:
Roger that. We will be there with Fantasy Tours so we have a designated spot, power and dinner every evening.  It's something I've always wanted to attend.

Sounds like a winner.  Give us a report when you get back.  Thanks.

Bill

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MoeHoward
Back
Top Bottom