Bruce Wei Uke

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well Mud you blew my mind. I was planning on starting a thread today with the exact same title. Yesterday my Bruce Wei ukulele arrived from Viet Nam. It is a tiny little thing, smaller than a soprano and very hard to play. Not because of the narrow fret spacing but because the tuners make the uke neck heavy. Hard to hold up and play at the same time. I won mine on an auction on eBay for $41 plus $55 shipping. On top of that I took advantage of the offer to inlay a custom logo on the head for $65. Total cost is $151. I did a Google search on Condor silhouettes and found one I liked then added Seilerbird to it. Took me all of five minutes to design it and I was not expecting it to be as mind blowing as it turned out. The craftsmanship on the uke out of this world and the logo is truly mind blowing. It turned out way better than I could have ever hoped for. It is made of solid koa wood.

Attachments

• Bruce Wei uke 2.jpg
    Bruce Wei uke 2.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 9
  • Bruce Wei uke 1.jpg
    Bruce Wei uke 1.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 9
  • Seillerbird uke.jpg
    Seillerbird uke.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 9
  • seilerbird.jpg
    seilerbird.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 7
Hard to tell how small they are from just their website.  A guitar store near me carries them but I haven't seen them in person yet.

Their website shows a Koa with a very similar stripe to my GS-Mini.  It would make a good set.

Seems like the average price is close to $250-$300.

How's the sound?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom