Advise please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bob T

Heading south next week and expect to leave Gettysburg, Pa on Sunday morning.
Was planning to take 15 straight through to 66 but just wondering what traffic might be like nearer Washington.
Thinking of 15 south to 270, then to 495 around Washington and then pick up 95 South.
Have been stuck in Beltway traffic before and it was miserable but not on a Sunday. Will the day make any difference?  Is there any good/bad times to try this route?
Towing, I will be just shy of 65' so I like easy, stress free.
Can anyone local please give some advise.

Thanks

I think the 15 to 66 is probably a better plan.  The beltway and 270 always seeto be fairly heavy traffic in my opinion.  Safe travels!

Every minute spent on the beltway is a bad minute. I HATE the beltway! Depending on where I was going, I would take 70W and then 81S. Fredericksburg and Richmond on 95 are a pain sometimes too.

US 15 is a heavy traffic route as well, and slow going through many miles of suburbia. We preferred to detour west and use I81 even though it is longer. About 50 miles and one hour difference, as I recall.

Sundays, preferably morning, is probably the lowest traffic time, though.

Agree with Gary. Head West on US 30 (The fabled Lincoln Highway) to I-81 at Chambesrburg. (A plug for my hometown) ;).
We always take I-81 down the Shenandoah Valley to I-77, thence through Charlotte and Columbia SC to I-95. Beautiful Appalachian scenery, and the fewer miles spent on I-95 in any state, the better.
Frequently we'll hop off of I-77 onto US 301 in SC, and take 301 all the way to Central Florida. A bit slower, but so much more relaxing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aquaticvegetation
Back
Top Bottom